PDA

View Full Version : Pushing workaround needed

JakeCTV
08-30-2005, 11:46 AM
My company purchased a tricaster primarily so we could push live events through it and have been very dissapointed thus far. After talking to tech support several times and getting rerouted to [email protected] from which we've gotten no response. The really troublesome part is that the tech guy admitted he didn't know why they'd disabled this feature, its a key element to web videocasting, and its by no means a stretch for the machine's hardware.

Has anyone had a workable solution? If the Tricaster software would let me run a parallel Windows Media Encoder that could relay to my server we'd be fine.

Help!

Paul Lara
08-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Has anyone had a workable solution? If the Tricaster software would let me run a parallel Windows Media Encoder that could relay to my server we'd be fine.

First off, my apologies for not catching your e-mail to vidfeatures. I am a recipient on that account, and I fear it got lost amongst the hundreds of spam e-mails that gets sent to that account daily.

You can access Windows Media encoder by clicking on the close gadget upper left, and choosing Admin. Now go to Start | Programs | Windows Media Encoder.

JakeCTV
08-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Thanks, but what we are trying to do is push something live through your tricaster software, not produce something, close tricaster and push it later on.

What i was suggesting with Windows Encoder was to have that running in the background behind the Tricaster, pulling from the IP the Tricaster outputs and then pushing it on to our stream.

-Jake

cityofsalisbury
09-13-2005, 01:17 PM
I webcast our city council meetings live on the internet. Before I got a tricaster, I just used windows media encoder and created a push to our WM server. With the tricaster, push is currently not an option, so I have to start a manual pull on our WMS before each meeting. It works (i created a pub point with the tricaster's ip/port as the source, and use remote desktop to start the pull), but it would be so much easier to push directly from the tricaster.

achuakh
09-18-2005, 09:17 PM
I have to agree that I do need this feature as I send a stream to a server to execute a multicast.

It can be pretty cumbersome should I always have to keep calling my IT support to start the streaming for me.

YES, I'd like to see the ability to PUSH to a server and the ability to set my own encoding preferences!!

Thanks

PIZAZZ
09-19-2005, 01:57 PM
First off, my apologies for not catching your e-mail to vidfeatures. I am a recipient on that account, and I fear it got lost amongst the hundreds of spam e-mails that gets sent to that account daily.

You can access Windows Media encoder by clicking on the close gadget upper left, and choosing Admin. Now go to Start | Programs | Windows Media Encoder.

Paul, Unless something has changed lately... I started the Windows Media Encoder and could not see the TriCaster/VT card as an input.

It would be great if we could get some push action going on in TriCaster. I have found that most all multicaster's (especially the budget driven ones) want to be pushed to.

KWeaver
09-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Paul, I second and third the push request! In our dealing with streaming hosts for "Building Freedom Day" it was a major road block and more costly not to be able to push. Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Paul Lara
09-20-2005, 08:51 AM
Yes, my initial comment was in error; as the VfW drivers present in VT[4] are not a part of TriCaster. Sorry, guys.

There is a discussion going on about how to push the TriCaster stream. If any of you have any ideas, feel free to e-mail me ([email protected]).