PDA

View Full Version : Need Sci Fi Backgrounds

Galactipo
05-01-2003, 10:04 AM
We hare doing blue screen scenes in which a character stands on a bridge of a starship and on a planet. Where can one find pictures in a decent 720 X 576 resolution to use as sci-fi backgrounds? :confused:

mastermesh
05-01-2003, 11:23 AM
http://www.turbosquid.com
http://www.3dcafe.com

If you have Star Trek Elite Force Game, you could open up the jpgs and get ideas - not copy, just get ideas, for instance how they lined up their tileables could lead you to figure out how to do similar type things with your own work.

Galactipo
05-01-2003, 04:34 PM
Obviously if we spend the time doing it, we can do it. However, the point is we do not have the time and are looking for already made pictures. Any ideas?

colkai
05-02-2003, 05:45 AM
I guess the best place to look would be NASA, between the planet and Hubble shots, I would have thought there'd be something you could use.

Galactipo
05-02-2003, 05:59 AM
We have already uploaded all the NASA type pictures. However, we can't find any starship bridge or alien planet surface images. Maybe somebody here could help.:rolleyes:

colkai
05-05-2003, 12:29 PM
Well, if you *specifically* want a starship bridge picture, I think you're out of luck. No doubt you'd want a certain type of bridge, and unless someone by chance had already modelled said starship, you're better of creating your own. What sort of "bridge" are you after, how many consoles, chairs? Does it have a viewscreen? If so, how big, where is it, what sort of shape? Is the view out of the view screen or the windows, where are they, what size?

As for alien planets, come on, surely all you have to do is apply some image/procedurals over a 'real' planet to get a whole different look. If you have access to Lightwave, this would be a pretty fast thing to do.

Also, the amount of time you're waiting for someone to give you a finished product, with Lightwave, a day or two would give you ample time to produce the result yourself.

prospector
05-05-2003, 06:10 PM
What is it paying to do it ?

Up to our imagination or do you hat sets in mind ?

will the viewscreen show tactical data or video of approaching planet ?

How many ?

prospector
05-05-2003, 06:12 PM
What is it paying to do it ?

Up to our imagination or do you hat sets in mind ?

will the viewscreen show tactical data or video of approaching planet ?

How many sets ?

I could do it and make a DVD in format of your choice. All rendered and ready to go.

colkai
05-06-2003, 05:50 AM
Prospector,
I don't think it's a paying job, if it was, subject to the amount of course, I think there'd have been more replies by now ;)

Galactipo
05-06-2003, 06:26 AM
This is a pilot. If the product is picked up by the network, the artist will get paid, and hired for a series of 13 episodes. The series is a Galactica type "spoof" and all the actors wearing Galactica type clothes have been filmed in front of blue screen. In the pilot episode, the following backgrounds are required:

2 Starship Bridges (Star Trek, Star Wars or Galactica type)
1 Planet surface (Desert type planet with FUEL PUMPS).

If the resolution is big enough, we can cut out different pieces in 720 X 576 for closeups etc. The images would have to look real (not like comic books).

We can do some touch up work on existing images but we would need a starting image to work on.

The artist gets of course a video tape copy and his name will be part of the credits.

Voilą.