PDA

View Full Version : Relative Audio Volume....

kleima
08-29-2005, 05:02 PM
Is there a way to change the volume of selected audio clips by xdB relative to each individual clip's setting. For example, lets say I want to increase all the narration clips by 1 db. But, one clip is set and 1.1 and another is set at 0.9, etc. I want the result to be 2.1 for the former and 1.9 for the latter.
I have hundreds of narration clips that need to be increased slightly in relation to the background music. It would take forever to increase each individually, by a given amount.

Maybe if this feature is not built in, someone has written a script or plugin?

ScorpioProd
08-29-2005, 06:11 PM
I realize this won't really help you to do it, but...

That was the theory behind some of the tools built into the toolshed since back in VT[2]... Unfortunately, those tools were never finished by Newtek.

If they had been, you could have done what you ask, just as could be done with the old Flyer with Aussie's tools.

Ivan
08-29-2005, 07:03 PM
Tool Shed, Great tool, incomplete. What happened here, A.D.D.? You could try to set a Tool Shed preset and select all the clips you want to affect but I think Eugene's idea would be better if it ever gets

jport
08-30-2005, 02:25 AM
what you can do is create a subproject of all your audio and raise the volume by 1 db. if you want to raise your audio clips individually just drill into the subproject.

kleima
09-04-2005, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I realized a real improvement to it, that I'll share here. Maybe you all already do this, and it's kind of obvious, but sometimes obvious solutions are not easy to see.
At first (after setting the subproject to do the relative increase in audio volume) it was such a pain drilling in and out of the subproject to adjust individual clips, until I discovered that you can have the top TEdit view showing the project and the subprojects and the bottom view drilled into a specific subproject so I can see both the "inside" and the "outside" of the subproject! And, depending on which view is "selected" either the whole project can be played or just the audio in the subproject view (the narration, in my case).
This was a huge workflow improvement!

jport
09-05-2005, 02:57 AM
anytime. :thumbsup:

aren't dual timelines great!!!!!!