PDA

View Full Version : NT25? Cant find it!

chribba
08-29-2005, 01:32 PM
So i had no problems what so ever to install 4.5 and have not checked for the new codec until today... I could not see any codec from Newtek other than RTV codec... Have i missed something or where is it?

Thanks
Chribba

Ivan
08-29-2005, 02:31 PM
In the Capture Panel, Options tab, select Capture Properties and it's about halfway down in the Video Codec selection. Mine is just under WindowsMedia Video and above MJPEG Compressor. I don't see it in Aura or Lightwave and I'm not sure how one would get it to show up in either of these but I'm sure it's possible.

Ivan

chribba
08-29-2005, 02:34 PM
In the Capture Panel, Options tab, select Capture Properties and it's about halfway down in the Video Codec selection. Mine is just under WindowsMedia Video and above MJPEG Compressor. I don't see it in Aura or Lightwave and I'm not sure how one would get it to show up in either of these but I'm sure it's possible.

Ivan

Whats the name that you see there?

thanks
chribba

Ivan
08-29-2005, 02:45 PM
It says "NewTek Video Codec [NT25]".

Ivan

chribba
08-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Ok, i dont have it!! :devil:

HEEEELP!!

thanks
chribba

Jim Capillo
08-29-2005, 03:46 PM
I'd try a reinstall before you panic.

chribba
09-03-2005, 05:25 PM
Can i panic now!!!

Did a complete format C: and installed the system again, now there are only Norton Antivirus and Adobe Acrobat reader that did not come with the VT4.
I still canīt see any new Newtek dv codec in capture or in render....

Does any other work in PAL and have had this problem?

Thanks
Chribba

ScorpioProd
09-03-2005, 05:48 PM
Note that it is not a "DV" codec, so don't look for it to say "DV."

chribba
09-04-2005, 01:53 AM
Note that it is not a "DV" codec, so don't look for it to say "DV."

This is what i have ... is it there?

thanks
chribba

Ivan
09-04-2005, 02:04 AM
I guess this is a NewTek question. Did it ship with the PAL version? It is the new codec that was created for TriCaster and to my knowledge there is no PAL version of TriCaster, is there?

Ivan

chribba
09-04-2005, 02:11 AM
I have no idea, but on Newtek-Europeīs download page it says that the codec should be installed...

Letīs hear from Newtek!!

Chribba

SCS
09-04-2005, 08:53 AM
I work in PAL and have a "NewTek Video Codec [NT25]" entry on my system.

chribba
09-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Whhoo :D

I did a new download from Newtek-Europeīs download and guess what!
There seems to be someone who have done something to the files and they dont have the same size. If the new file also include iVGA capture that can be one reason for the diffrence in size but it is 38482 bytes in diffrence and the iVGA separate download is 272948 bytes.

Anyway this time it came up...the new Newtek codec :thumbsup:

It cant be that hard to tell users that an erlier version of a download was corrupt is it?? :vticon:

Thanks chribba

Paul_Newman
09-04-2005, 04:14 PM
. . . and the iVGA separate download is 272948 bytes.
I am a PAL user and downloaded from Newtek USA and the new codec is present. However, as I mentioned in another thread, the VGA Capture is missing. Assuming iVGA is the VGA Capture I'm referring to, where do I get this download?

Thanks, Paul.

chribba
09-04-2005, 04:57 PM
Same place... look again, itīs there....

chribba

Paul_Newman
09-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Here's what the download screen shows me after I log in :

VT[4] Downloads

Note: There are three versions of VT[4], and it is important for you to download the version that matches your existing system. The installer checks which version you have (LightWave version 8, LightWave version 7.5 or no LightWave). You can only install the version that matches your existing system. If you accidentally download the wrong version, you will be greeted with the following message: "This is not a patchgradeable version.", so carefully select your version from the three links below. Once downloaded - double-clicking on the executable will install it top of your existing VT[4].

This includes a new core update at the end of the install, and it is important that you power your computer off at the end of the upgrade!!!

VT[4] - Update 2 - Version 4.5 with LightWave 8.3
added 08-12-2005

VT[4] - Update 2 - Version 4.5 with LightWave 7.5
added 08-12-2005

VT[4] - Update 2 - No LightWave
added 08-12-2005

This update must be installed on top of the shipping version of VT[4] delivered to you on CD. If you attempt to install this version over Video Toaster [2], VT[3] or any beta build, it will fail, reporting it is "unable to find a patchgradeable version". If this occurs, uninstall VT[4] and re-install the software from the Programs CD, then install Update 1.

VT[4] - Update 1
added 12-29-2004

chribba
09-04-2005, 05:29 PM
And the place you are going is this one??

http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/support/download.html

chribba

Paul_Newman
09-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the help. Got it. I've been logging in to Newtek USA, not Europe. Sorry for being such a bother and thanks again for taking the time to help me, chribba!!