PDA

View Full Version : Help....need to adjust lots of keyframe start times....

ece3k
08-29-2005, 09:08 AM
Hello,
I have a scene that is set up a little strange because I was using the Motion Builder plug in...so no action happens to my bones until frame 500. But I have a camera track (ala Boujou) that has my camera move starting at 0. What's the easiest way to slide all the camera keyframes so they start later? The graph editor?
Thanks,
Erik

Mebek
08-29-2005, 09:32 AM
I usually use the classic scene editor to move a ton of frames around. Select the camera and use the Shift Keys ... menu. Select the start and end frames and the number of frames to move them (500 in this case).

You could also do this with your animated objects to move them all back to 0 (set the shift amount to -500).

I'm not sure it's very easy to do with the Graph Editor (although possible), I think it would be a pain in the nose since it doesn't have a numeric offset input like the Scene Editor has.

Lightwolf
08-29-2005, 09:57 AM
I'm not sure it's very easy to do with the Graph Editor (although possible), I think it would be a pain in the nose since it doesn't have a numeric offset input like the Scene Editor has.
It does, 'n' on the keyboard (I actually have no clue what the menu name is ;) - I checked Keys->Numeric Move...).

It allows for a numeric shift.

So, click on the camera,
F2 to open the GE,
ctrl-up to select all channels
rmb-lasso all keyframes
n for Move Keys

Cheers,
Mike

Mebek
08-29-2005, 10:04 AM
Well I'll be. Never knew that.

Still think the Scene Editor would be easier in this case, but there's more than one way to purify a frog. Or something ... :question:

Lightwolf
08-29-2005, 10:08 AM
Still think the Scene Editor would be easier in this case, but there's more than one way to purify a frog. Or something ... :question:
Lol, absolutely. I actually find this to be _faster_ since I can use keyboard shortcuts.

Cheers,
Mike