PDA

View Full Version : why my baking is burnt? help urgent

jdomingo
08-28-2005, 12:44 AM
can anyone please help me out on how to bake illumination. (see picture) this is for our competion project a hotel resort and we are doing animation for it. i want to bake radiosity on so when i render for animation it will be fast.
thanks

WizCraker
08-28-2005, 02:20 AM
This is when FPrime comes in handy, I could never get Suface Baker to work correctly, then again last time I used it was in 6.0. Have you tried to test surface baker on something simple to see if you can identify the problem, might be a setting that you are overlooking.

I'll try to bake something once I get done importing a protien into modeler.

If it doesn't work look on the bright side, you can simulate the great fire of the century.

MooseDog
08-28-2005, 07:22 AM
are there any n-gons in the model? that will stop the baking.

is there more than one layer to the model? that will also mess up the process.

i forget if there's any other caveats, but good luck!

Mebek
08-29-2005, 09:26 AM
Kind of hard to see what's happening in that image, looks like your model is covered in spots. Are those from the radiosity bake? If so, then I'd say adjust your radiosity settings. Instead of using Interpolated, use Monte Carlo. You could also up the rays per evaluation setting - will take longer to render, but it only needs to be done once.

jdomingo
08-31-2005, 07:21 AM
thanks guys to all your replies.. yes i used interpolated radiosity with 4x8 ray per evaluation. no n-gons used just triangulated polys....well, another guy did the animation for this villa house in viz using the traditional way...thought i could boast out lightwave to them...better luck next time.
thanks to all