PDA

View Full Version : copy paste pose

Myagi
08-26-2005, 06:49 AM
Is there any way to copy a pose from one frame to another? I'm using IKB if that makes any difference.

When I copy paste keys everything explodes. Using Pose Load/Save works but is pretty annoying to use, and since that works I don't get why they didn't throw in a copy/paste there while they were at it (or I'm just missing it).

MonroePoteet
08-27-2005, 11:58 AM
The Scene Editor right-click Copy and Paste-Over using the mesh object keyframes copies the IKBoost data for me. Every IKB bone motion creates a key on the mesh object from what I can tell. Is this the copy/paste key that you're using?

If so, maybe you could do a manual key creation specifying "Current Item and Descendents" on the source keyframe before doing the copy?

mTp

Myagi
08-27-2005, 01:23 PM
When I do it on the mesh or root bone it doesn't copy the pose (of the whole character), but it works when I select the keys for all bones. Still more work than it should ideally be (like in character studio), but better than using load/save pose. If it gets too annyoing I'll have to look into making a script for it I guess.

toby
08-27-2005, 02:16 PM
You can also select all your channels in the graph editor, put the slider at the pose frame, cntrl+c, put the slider where you want to paste and cntrl+v.

I'm sure this kind of thing is what Motion Mixer was created for, but I've never used it - there is a separate manual for it, you might want to look into it

MonroePoteet
08-27-2005, 02:50 PM
In Scene Editor, you can select the mesh, then right-click to choose Select Child Items (recursive) and it'll select all your bones, etc. Press "Hide" to hide everything except the selected objects. Clicking just above a column in the Dope Sheet selects the entire column (not including hidden items). Right-click in the column to choose Copy, select the destination column, Right-click to Paste-Over.

Might be easier than a script...until you do it for what seems like the 10,000'd time!

mTp