PDA

View Full Version : OT- Worley surprise

Fausto
08-26-2005, 03:47 AM
This is totally off topic;

I just received my G2 Package in the mail today, I got what I was expecting and then some. Inside the package in addition to the manual, was a kid's glider airplane. I don't know what to think of this, is it a joke, or has someone at Worley gone loopie? I was wondering if this is common practise for Worley has anyone else had similar experiences?

Carm3D
08-26-2005, 03:59 AM
All you got was the glider? I got some comic books and Tootsie Rolls along with the glider.

trick
08-26-2005, 04:01 AM
Since the beginning of dawn (well...more like the start with "Gaffer") Worley has added little gimmicks with shipped products: I had candy, rubber puppets, etc :) It shows they have a lot of fun doing their job...

Captain Obvious
08-26-2005, 04:09 AM
Hahaha, that's awesome! I'm going to have to order something from them just for the extras! ;)

krimpr
08-26-2005, 04:32 AM
NEVER place an order for multiple plugins from Worley at once; wait a or two day between purchases. That way you get more stuff. I've got two planes and a cool plastic lizard.

trick
08-26-2005, 04:32 AM
And if you report a REAL bug, you will get a T-Shirt :D However I don't think that goes for FPrime, but I certainly got one for G2 :)

3DBob
08-26-2005, 05:05 AM
I've had planes, fake dollar toilet paper - rubber toys, holographic stickers, sweets, tshirts and a signed greetings card!

I agree with krimpr - order multiples a few days apart.

They really are like NO OTHER SOFTWARE company.

3DBob

mav3rick
08-26-2005, 07:45 AM
lol i was 1st to made order on g2 probable got only plane....
funny part is my company adress is at hometown.. do my dad pick up post for me.... he called me and told me i received some mail from usa and that inside is book and he loughted some ariplane? lol i told him yea it is common.... he was kind of loughing cause b4 that i ordered lot of stuff from adobe and newtek and other companies and never received this kinda things:) so on other hand he though some friend from usa sent me some book and jokes.

KillMe
08-26-2005, 07:50 AM
yup i was abit confused when i got my sasquatch manual too =D but getting toys and stuff is alwasy fun =)

Intuition
08-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Hot wheel race cars, Fake money, gliders, Pins that have springy arms.

I'm always wondering what I'll get next from Worley.

:D :thumbsup:

Signal to Noise
08-26-2005, 11:07 PM
When I got my Polk Collection plugins a couple of years ago I received:

- A 1000000 dollar bill
- 2 plastic ninjas, 1 orange; 1 green
- A trivia card with answers that don't match the questions.
- A 1960's postcard of Yellowstone Nat'l Park.

I thought it was cool that Worley did that. Gotta love those tchotchkes. :thumbsup:

hrgiger
08-27-2005, 08:25 AM
I got the glider, some army men, and some candy when I ordered Sasquatch(Oh yeah, I got the million dollar bill too- I should have tried redeeming that to them for all of their plug-ins). Unfortunately, you don't get anything for buying Fprime since there is nothing to mail to you.

Nigel Baker
08-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Hey All,

I have a great collection of Worley gifts.
Cinema Tickets, comic books, little toys, some **** bank notes and a good bit more.
I use to think it was Steves way of getting rid of his rubbish (trash).
And rubbish is welcomed.

I tried to spell the word H E L L but it would not allow me (Newtek Big Brother / Big Nanny )

ThriJ
08-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Ha

I got a plane and a few other things. :bday:

I still play with the car between renders. :o

It feels good to finally confess that.

nemac4
08-27-2005, 11:33 AM
I got some toy money and cars and stuff but as soon as I opened the box my kids scrambled and grabbed it all up.

FONGOOL
08-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Hey, I think you hit on something there! Maybe that's the idea, the toys keep the kids out of your hair while you play with your new plugs! ;D