PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Man??

groove660
08-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Hi, did anyone here ever see that movie called Hollow Man? Kevin Bacon was in it and he played this scientist who found a way to make himself invisible and then he when psycho and started killing everyone. Anyway theres a scene it in where he is invisible and he cups his hand together and throws water on his face. The water just sticks to his face the same way it would to a normal persons face but becuase he is invisible the water reveals the outline of his face etc. Im trying to achieve the same results for something im playing with. I've tried using hypervoxels and a collison dynamic but it just doesnt seem to cover the object enough to show up all the detail. Anyone got any ideas on how to achieve this effect?

Cheers

richdj
08-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Yep, I remember the film (i've got it somewhere)... HV's should do it, but so should realflow (www.nextlimit.com) provide a good animation.. It might be expensive, but they had a non-time limited evaluation version (basicallly non comercial) on 3DWorld issue 64 (may 2005)..

If you've not got it and want a copy e-mail/pm me...

Rich

erikals
09-17-2005, 06:44 PM
I would guess that you need more particles, and smaller particles.
It will require heavy render/computing times though..

Ryhnio
09-18-2005, 10:56 PM
newtek just posted an article about making your character sweat, perhaps that would help?