PDA

View Full Version : Using Tricaster for Staging Events

Genesis
08-24-2005, 05:43 PM
I bought a Tricaster Unit last week. It seemed like the perfect product. However, I used it today for a live event, where we were doing IMAG. (Image Magnification to 2 giant screens). We had 1800 people in the audience.

"The problem", there was a 1/2 second delay between what was going on in the room and what was being projected on the screens.

It doesn't sound like a big deal, but it look really bad when they spoke, audio was clearly out of sync.

We thought the problem might have been the long cable runs. We test it after the show with a projector right beside the Tricaster. (6' VGA cable). Same problem. We tried it, bypassing the Tricaster and the problem was solved. "Well, not really", because now my brand new Tricaster is not up to industry standards.

The questions here is? How do I fix this? Can I fix it at all? I hate to think that I just spend a few grands on a machine that won't do what I need it to do.

I Look forward to hear from someone.

Thanks,

FB

Chris L
08-24-2005, 07:22 PM
I just got my Tricaster last week as well. I will give it a try tomorrow and let you know how my system is working. We will see if it is an isolated problem or not.

StephenW
08-24-2005, 07:42 PM
We just did 24 hours of live switching over 4 days. Our output went thru a 9,000 subscriber cable system and there was maybe a frame or two delay over the cable system (a slight echo) but, certainly no 15 frame delay.

Did you output to the VGA projector port on the back of the TriCaster and maybe there is a conversion delay there? We output from the composite (RCA) ports on the front with great results. Just a thought...

Genesis
08-25-2005, 06:20 AM
We just did 24 hours of live switching over 4 days. Our output went thru a 9,000 subscriber cable system and there was maybe a frame or two delay over the cable system (a slight echo) but, certainly no 15 frame delay.

Did you output to the VGA projector port on the back of the TriCaster and maybe there is a conversion delay there? We output from the composite (RCA) ports on the front with great results. Just a thought...

Thank you all for your replies. (Stephen & Chris)

Ok, I tried your suggestions Stephen... but the problem remains.

Keep in mind that your application and mine were different. I had the audience and the subject in the same room, making the delay obvious. We were not broadcasting to remote locations.

Using the S-video out is a little better, but not perfect (Besides the image quality is not as good). One thing I notice is that the delay occurs on the output and not on the live preview of the Tricaster.

If anyone else has solutions, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Paul Lara
08-25-2005, 08:34 AM
There is a several-frame latency to be expected in TriCaster, but that can seem greater than it is, if the audio is not also routed through Tricaster before going to the house board.

Cineman
08-25-2005, 08:53 AM
"The problem", there was a 1/2 second delay between what was going on in the room and what was being projected on the screens.
With non genlocked cameras the delay through TriCaster is precisely three frames of delay. With genlocked cameras (as should be what used in an 1800 seat house for IMAG) that can be reduced two frames. Three frames is just under 1/10 second, so your other 4/5 of a second is being caused by other factors besides the TriCaster. (I would automatically say “projectors” but you claim not.)

It doesn't sound like a big deal, but it look really bad when they spoke, audio was clearly out of sync.
Yes, at five frames of delay, everyone will perceive the delay. That is 1/3 of what you report. If the house sound were passed through the TriCaster to the house, it would not be out of sync with the TriCaster video. A house mixer for an 1800 seat house would have to seem to have delay controls, so it could be controlled there as well.

We thought the problem might have been the long cable runs. We test it after the show with a projector right beside the Tricaster. (6' VGA cable). Same problem. We tried it, bypassing the Tricaster and the problem was solved.
My guess is that you misestimated the half-second delay above and had less than five frames by bypassing the TriCaster. Two frames from the projector would hardly be perceptible, even when looking for it, but a cumulative five cannot be missed.

"Well, not really", because now my brand new Tricaster is not up to industry standards.
What are the industry standards? I have seen hardware switchers that claim one frame, and then claim the resultant two as from input (which, by the way, has to be genlocked). The Sony Engineer was quoted as saying 7.5 frames of delay (that’s 15 fields) through AnyCast, so I assume that you don’t mean that?

The questions here is? How do I fix this? Can I fix it at all?
You can get it under control, say to the minimally acceptable four frames, with the proper genlocked cameras, and projectors. We did it with VT that matches the TriCaster delay exactly.

http://www.newtek.com/vt/profiles/TrinityUMC/index.php

David Curle
08-26-2005, 04:09 AM
There is a several-frame latency to be expected in TriCaster, but that can seem greater than it is, if the audio is not also routed through Tricaster before going to the house board.
Paul is it realistic to expect the house sound to go through Tricaster? An 1800 audience sound system is likely to be fairly locked down.
Anyway the sound man prefers to control all sound right?
That means he would want to control your Clip playback audio levels as well. That would mean you have to feed into his sound desk not the other way. You can't have it both ways! The only way I can think of, to get it right, would be to have the sound man take all the mic inputs and feed them into a group. Put the output of that group through a delay unit and back into the mixer again. This would then only delay the Mics and not your video clip feed.
Does this sound resonable?
This would make the big screens look in Lipsync - but of course the person on stage would seem a little out with direct view!

PIZAZZ
08-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Not to talk down on the Tricaster but I would have used a VT instead in the situation above. The TriCaster is only $5000. You can't expect it to do the job of 10s of thousands. There has to be some trade offs.

That said, Let me see if I can help since I do quite a bit of IMAG stuff:

All in all, I believe a full 15 frames is a bit exaggerated. 7 or 8 frames is the most I ever got with our TriCaster and that was months ago at NAB.

Now we need more information to be able to diagnose a potential problem.

Please list the cameras used and in what configuration.
CCUs used or not?
Genlocked or not?
Please list the exact model of projector and cables used to connect from TriCaster
What is the native resolution of the projectors?
Did you use a Scaler also anywhere in line or was it straight out of TriCaster?

There is a big difference in the scalers actually used in the projectors themselves. You all knew that projectors have scalers also inside right? Many times the projectors can have less latency if you are using the native resolution of the projector on the input. A client of mine is using Extron scalers to upscale the component video out of the VT to the 1024x768 native resolution of the projectors. His latency is 3 frames. 2 for the VT and 1 for the scaler. This is much better than 6-7 frames he had when he went component YUV out of the VT into the projector without the scaler.

Give us more details and let's see what we can do to help your situation.

PS. I agree that running the sound output from a 30 or 40K Midas console through the unbalanced inputs and outputs of the TriCaster is NOT a possible solution to keep the audio in sync. A delay would have been better to use in the house sound system to match the TriCaster's delay. But that would of only been a fix in a pinch not long term.

Genesis
08-29-2005, 07:48 AM
[QUOTE=PIZAZZ]Not to talk down on the Tricaster but I would have used a VT instead in the situation above. The TriCaster is only $5000. You can't expect it to do the job of 10s of thousands. There has to be some trade offs.

Thanks to everyone for your comments.

Now to answer some of those comments...
Cameras? Sony DXC-D30
CCUs used or not? YES
Genlocked or not? NO
Projectors and cables used to connect from TriCaster - Christie L6 5000 Lumens, VGA connection to an Analogway Octo-FX.
What is the native resolution of the projectors? 1024 x 768

Also, I tried a cheap Dell Projector after the show and we connected it directly to the Tricaster via VGA (6' cable). Using an XL1's camera. Same problem. When I connect the camera directly to the projector, problem solved but no Tricaster.

Now please let me add... when doing IMAG, you guys are, right 15 frames delay was exagerated, but it was a noticeble delay. Delaying the audio, would not be a solutions, because the presenters movements on the stage would still be out of sync with what was happening on the screens. Not to mention that the presenter would have been totally thrown off when speaking.

I do understand that the Tricaster is only $5000.00, however if this is a problem that can not be fixed, potential buyers should be aware of the problem before buying. As I said before, I would hate to think that I spent that money on a piece of gear that will only collect dust. Right now my Tricaster is only a Duocater, since IMAG is out of the question.

Thanks again, I hope to hear from you guys.

kfutch
08-30-2005, 05:51 PM
I saw the bad video delay at NAB, but thought that something must be wrong with the setup (although you would think Newtek would set it up correctly). As a Newtek dealer, I just picked up a returned TriCaster from a knowledgable and reasonable client who documented a 5-frame delay in his system. I questioned his results so I carefully set it up in my office. I know and understand all the potential factors that can exacerbate the delay problem and was careful to optimize my setup. To my surprise I got exactly the same results- 5 frames of delay.

Cineman reports three frames of delay. This makes me wonder if there has been a change to the hardware or drivers that has made the delay worse. Interestingly enough, however, my client's TriCaster shipped only a couple of weeks ago and my demo TriCaster is still running beta software. Both units have the same delay.

Genesis is absolutely correct and I am surprised that others are not complaining. Two to three frames of delay is acceptable to most people. My company has successfully put many VT systems in IMAG applications. Five frames of delay is noticeable and objectionable. It needs to be improved or marketing should change and the name should be "DuoCaster".

StephenW
08-30-2005, 06:18 PM
Frame delay test.

If I were to:
Run audio directly to recording deck. Run video through the Tricaster. Take video of clapping or whatever. Correct in post. Count frames it takes to correct.

Is that:
A fair test?

I think more info is needed. What would be the easiest way to get accurate data from the rest of us?

I will post the results I come up with tomorrow.

kfutch
08-31-2005, 07:34 AM
StephenW- If I understand you correctly, the problem with your test would be that you are not analyzing the scaled video from the VGA out of the TriCaster. This is the problem for IMAG.

Here's an excerpt from my client's documentation of their delay issue:

We were able to do some extensive testing with the Tri-Caster this Wednesday, August 24th. To have a bench mark to test for delay we setup a camera to shoot a person with a slap stick standing just below the screen. Then we used the replay of the video and step frame by frame to count the delay. Here are the results of our test:

1. Tri-Caster as installed now: 5 frames of delay on projectors and 6 frames of delay on plasma screen.

2. Removed the distribution amplifier and pulled directly to the projector: 5 frames of delay.

3. To a VGA screen directly at the Tri-Caster: 5 frames of delay

4. Existing equipment Videonics running Composite and S-Video through a doubler to get back to VGA: ½ to 1 frame delay.

We love the features and the interface with the Tri-Caster, but unfortunately, the 5 frames of delay is just too noticeable for us to use and unless we can resolve the delay problems we will have to return unit.[COLOR=Blue]

My test was set up similarly.

StephenW
08-31-2005, 07:41 AM
Hi kfutch-

See my thread "VGA Output Delay Test" (I liked your title so I borrowed it)

I believe my test to be accurate, if you think not, let me know.

Tarheel Cougar
08-31-2005, 08:45 AM
Hi kfutch-

See my thread "VGA Output Delay Test" (I liked your title so I borrowed it)

I believe my test to be accurate, if you think not, let me know.

I would like to see the results of this test because I don't particularly like running all audio through the Tricaster. In live to tape only situations (no streaming, etc., which is mostly what I foresee doing), I much prefer to use it as a video-only device with the exception of clip playback, having all audio sources and the Tricaster audio output running to an external audio board, which directly connects to a record deck, and keeping the video separate. This is primarily because I want to limit unnecessary connections, keep the audio balanced (in some cases), and have all audio controls in the one place, rather than using an external mixer as a "sub mix" that I would have to mix with the on-screen internal clip playback fader as something else to worry about. I also much prefer tactile faders. In almost every application I foresee, I will need an external audio mixer for additional inputs and more control than the Tricaster mixer offers, so not having one is not an option.

Obviously a delay makes this configuration unacceptable, and who wants to post an otherwise fine 2 hour program just to move the video forward a few frames? I don't know if this is a problem or not, but there should be some warning about the delay if this is the case.

I also thought I read a post that the scaled output was the same delay as the record output? I may be mistaken however.

Cineman
08-31-2005, 06:41 PM
Does this sound resonable?
NewTek didn’t answer so I will. Yes, reasonable and right. Also concise and precise. I doubt that I would have said it as well in those few words.

This would make the big screens look in Lipsync - but of course the person on stage would seem a little out with direct view!
Yes, at Trinity Church, if I position myself close enough to the stage to read lips, and study it, the lips are out of sync with the house sound. That is yuk, but the trade off for the great majority of the congregation, is definitely worth it.

Cineman
09-01-2005, 07:24 AM
Frame delay test.

If I were to:
Run audio directly to recording deck. Run video through the Tricaster. Take video of clapping or whatever. Correct in post. Count frames it takes to correct.

Is that:
A fair test?

I think more info is needed. What would be the easiest way to get accurate data from the rest of us?
Back reading this and realization that I haven’t shared my testing methods on the TriCaster portion of these forums, at least, not as I can easily find. My oversight. My bad.

To use my method, you will need a strobe light. Get one that is no brighter than you are willing to shoot directly with your facility camera. I like this method because I can interpolate (meaning, read the data) sub-frame (meaning to a field).

Testing video delay through TriCaster: (All test procedures and results are exactly same for VT.) Place strobe beside master video monitor (at same focal distance as screen). Connect camera to TC input and place on air. Connect TC video out directly (of course, already) directly to the master monitor. Frame camera to show both the strobe and the strobe as shown on the screen. Record. You’ll get multiple iterations in a one minute recording.

TC or VT should both be fine for this step as they both have a good frame stepping scrub in the timeline. Drop the resultant clip into the timeline. Find a “first on” frame for the strobe itself, and frame step forward until “first on” of the strobe on the monitor. The frame count is the delay.

Testing total video delay at the projection screen: Place the strobe light near the projection screen and at same focal distance for camera. Repeat test. This gives you the total delay for IMAG. Subtraction tells you how much delay is being added through the projector (or the scaling if you wish to consider it that way).

This is the point where a fielding difference may, more likely, be seen. If, say, the strobe image on the screen comes on half bright at the first frame found, and is then full bright at the next and succeeding “light on” frames; then there is a half frame (fielding) issue. If that varies (sometimes on full bright, sometimes half-bright) that indicates that there is a vertical interval issue (proximity to the vertical interval at display). If it is constant, (you should get many iterations in a one minute recording) then you have a half frame more delay

If you stick your head into the monitor, you can actually tell that only one field is showing at half-bright. There will actually be missing lines of video in the light flash. . (Sorry if this part is cryptic, but have shortened for both my time and post length reasons.)

Nes Gurley

Genesis
09-19-2005, 06:39 PM
I am back in the forum since I started this thread with no real solutions yet... from NEWTEK although my supplier in Canada has tried to help me, but it's really avoiding the word refund.

I called tech. support about two weeks ago, and what I got was no solutions, but a tech. telling me: "Yes, I see the delay... That's the way Tricaster was built, you won't be able to get rid of that delay".

I understand that 1-2 frame delay may occur, but when the delay is 5 frames, it does become noticeable to the eye and when doing IMAG it simply sucks.

Thanks to all of the people that did assist confirming that it was my imagination. Tricaster should be renamed Duo-caster or Delay-Caster.

So please if you are a NEWTEK tech. or sales person, I hope to hear from you soon. I would appreciate some real customer support and hopefully reasonable solutions.

Sincerely,

[email protected]

speedway
01-31-2008, 09:41 PM
I will make this short, I was one of the first to use the Video Toster when it came out, and have been looking at the TriCaster for many years....so I log on for the first time and start reading and I find out there is a 5 sec delay in the output...here are my questions.

1. if I shoot a live event, with 3 cameras and a live mic going into a mixer, then video and audio out to a tape deck, am I going to get a 5sec delay in the audio....I use a $400.00 video switcher now, and it works perfect...

2. I can't beleve they would build it that way, and that people would use it like that....whats up?

here is my website if you want to see some clips from my live webcasts...

www.xtremespeedwayaction.com
Mark Williams
Digital Producer

billmi
02-01-2008, 06:16 AM
In a slightly related question about the venue....

How close are the nearest seats to the speakers?

How close are the furthest seats from the speakers?

If it's a multi-set speaker system, with some speakers getting a delay in order to keep the audio in synch, the above questions apply to the distance between the seats and the nearest un-delayed speakers.

SBowie
02-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Errr ... who said anything about 5 seconds? The discussion above mentions 5 frames - quite a different matter.

CreatvGnius
02-01-2008, 09:12 AM
I am back in the forum since I started this thread with no real solutions yet... So please if you are a NEWTEK tech. or sales person, I hope to hear from you soon. I would appreciate some real customer support and hopefully reasonable solutions.

Sincerely,

[email protected]

I trust you're in touch with NewTek Tech Support staff? They can guide you nicely, along with the personal assist from your dealer.
-PeterG

speedway
02-01-2008, 10:02 AM
5 frames, not 5 seconds

Gordon
02-01-2008, 11:57 AM
5 frames delay in IMAG is common
Record the Super bowl or any live TV show (live concerts are good too) where you can see that they are using IMAG. If lucky you will sometimes get a shot that shows both the live action and a big screen IMAG in the background. When I have done this in the past with things like the Grammies or other large awards presentations I have found that a 4 or 5 frame delay is common and you often (live concerts especially) see delays over 5 frames.

This is with companies that have multi-million dollar budgets to do the show. My thinking is that with all that money and expertise, if they can't get the delay down to 3 frames then the NewTek products are doing very well.

DStoneburner
02-05-2008, 07:54 AM
I've done a couple of IMAG productions with our TCpro and haven't noticed a delay. I have 2 more events the end of this month and will have to check it out more closely. We usually send composite video out to DA that feeds the projectors. I tried going straight VGA into the projector, but the video was clearer going composite and letting the projector scale.

Jim Brown
02-05-2008, 08:22 AM
We do a significant number of imag type events where the projector screen and the speaker are visible at the same time. We did a show with a well know comedian and the delay was terrible. We then decided to study the situation ourselves so that we would know what is going on.

I have been remiss in not publishing our white paper on the subject, but I promise I will put that up in the next week.

The basis of our test was a remote controlled relay which turned on a light and a siren. We shot a number of scenarios with a pd170 and then loaded that into Final Cut Pro and evaluated when we saw the video turn on vs the audio waveform of the relay click. For our base line we simply shot the light directly and imported the footage. Perfect synch!

When connecting a camera throught the Tricaster Pro and also a Studio we saw just over 2 frames of delay. This was not visible to even the trained eye! On then to other types of cameras.

We use BRC300 robotic cameras. Shock of all shocks.....they had a delay of nearly 2 frames. Turn it upside down and it goes to 3. There was no difference when genlocking them. Using other cameras (Sony D30) did not have a delay. If you are free running (non genlocked) you will see the Tricaster delay go to nearly a full 3 frames. Genlock and you are back to the just over 2 frames. During this time Sony provided us with their new Z700 robotic camera which provides both HD and SD video at the same time and ZERO delay. Just awesome! True also for inverted situations!

On to the projector. We use Eike projectors, from 3500 to 6500 lumens. A solid 2 frames of delay whether using analog video input or vga from the Tricaster. If I mismatched the video resolution of the projector with the output of the Tricaster (projector was rescaling) add another frame. In order to disable auto rescaling in the projector you have to turn that feature off. A discussion with Eike revealed that no projector manufacturers reveal their internal processing delay. Their tech stated they have the fastest processors on the market and that it would not be unusual to encounter 3-4 frames of delay for scaling.

Every element in the chain is additive and delay becomes very visible to an audience at 5-6 frames. In an imag situation you may be able to digital delay the audio by 30-40 ms without messing up your speaker. Running the audio through the Tricaster will take care of the Tricaster inherent delay, however I would never do that. You are then delaying 66-75 ms and the echo effect is very noticeable.

So....we have a white paper with 32 scenarios that I will publish in the next week. I also have the quicktime files of the tests that I would be happy to share so you can make your own judgement and maybe extend the scenarios to cover other equipment. Just PM me I will be happy to get that to you.

Regards
Jim

CreatvGnius
02-05-2008, 09:42 AM
...I tried going straight VGA into the projector, but the video was clearer going composite and letting the projector scale.

The higher-res, straight VGA out into projector was inferior to the low-res composite out to projector?

That's intriguing to me. :stumped: Could it be that the projector was performing some "scaling", whilst the TriCaster PRO™ was sending it a higher-res signal than the projector's native res? I don't get it.:confused:

If that's the case, then, I would adjust the TriCaster Pro™ VGA out resolution to match the native res of the projector. I could be way off-base here, so straighten me out if you think it would be helpful. Thanks.
-PeterG

Gordon
02-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Every element in the chain is additive and delay becomes very visible to an audience at 5-6 frames. Regards Jim
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences as well. They mirror our experiences (including the Sony BRC300) exactly. In fact for a recent IMAG where we wanted to have as little lag as possible we ran a separate feed from the camera directly to a one frame delay scaler and then to the projector, bypassing even our switcher.

Also worth noting that a more expensive projector does NOT mean a shorter delay than a cheap projector. We had rented a projector with a long throw lens instead of our normal church projectors (due to staging props for a production) and it had about 5 frames of delay alone!! (Instead of the usual 3 frames delay for most projectors).

Just to throw my hat into the ring for how we measure the delay caused by each piece of gear. I think that it is still the most accurate and easiest way to measure this delay and is something I developed over a year ago.

How to Accurately Measure The Delay
1. Download a program called XNote Stopwatch which is accurate to 1/100th of a second. XNote Stopwatch is cheap and good compared to other stopwatch programs that I have used. Run it on a laptop scaling the display to fill the width of the laptop screen.
2. To get the delay caused by straight output between the VGA of the laptop and the screen just video capture (and later review) the framing of the laptop in the foreground and the overhead screen in the background. Move the camera a ways back and use the zoom to get both in focus. Subtract what you see on the overhead screen from what is displayed on the laptop.
3. To get the delay caused by the scaler, (or other similar gear), just connected the laptop to the scaler and then to the projector and video capture as above.
4. To get the delay caused by a video camera, scaler and/or switcher, you take the laptop out of the loop and instead video capture the laptop in the foreground and the overhead screen in the background as in #2 and #3 but this time the signal going to the overhead screen is coming from the camera (instead of the laptop VGA out) and through whatever gear you want to time. Again, the total delay is a simple subtraction of the two, but the delay caused by the gear other than the projector is derived by also subtracting the delay calculated in step #2 above.

Gordon
02-05-2008, 05:30 PM
As humans, we have a fairly limited focal area when we are concentrating on a subject and our tendency is to ignore areas outside of our focal point. So although we do have a wide field of vision, generally everything outside the center is ignored. Unless someone points out that there is a delay between the foreground and the background! Then we can't seem to ignore it any longer.

The moral of the story? Don't tell anyone in the church about it and 98% of the people won't notice (or at least not care) about the delay! If you do tell people about it, you will never hear the end of "how bad it is". :) Like people slowing down and taking their eyes and concentration off the road to look at an accident; now they will be trying to see the delay instead of concentrating on the actual speaker or video.

jcupp
02-06-2008, 08:41 AM
The moral of the story? Don't tell anyone in the church about it and 98% of the people won't notice (or at least not care) about the delay! If you do tell people about it, you will never hear the end of "how bad it is". :) ...

This is the best advise I've seen on this subject in a long time!:thumbsup:

DStoneburner
02-06-2008, 09:09 AM
The higher-res, straight VGA out into projector was inferior to the low-res composite out to projector?
If that's the case, then, I would adjust the TriCaster Pro™ VGA out resolution to match the native res of the projector. I could be way off-base here, so straighten me out if you think it would be helpful. Thanks.
-PeterG

Not to high jack this thread, but to answer your question. I was in a hurry so I didn't play with it much, but I believe that I set the output of the TC to match the projector. I think the projector was set to 1024x768. I ran out of time to try and tweak the projector, plus it wasn't mine. I was just providing the feed. It was weird to me too, but the composite looked great, especially compared to my old sad switcher that I had before.
I am going to pay closer attention for delay and will try to report back on what I find. I am going to use 2 cameras for my events. They are Panasonic DV-200s. Non-genlocked composite feeds to the TC. Audio feed from the sound board to an external mixer then into the TC for recording. I will be sending composite out of the TC to 2 projectors. Any delay last time was not noticed, but I also wasn't looking for it.

clwc
08-15-2008, 03:42 PM
I was watching gymnastics, and notice there are a lot of shots that have the person and the screen at the same time. You can tell there is a delay on the screen. Also, when they run slo-mo and the screen is visable the person has already landed and the screen still shows them in the air. Not sure of the delay here but it's pretty noticable. I would think they are not using a tricaster for this. Also have notice this on WEC (world extreme cagefighting) on VERSUS channel. I am in the process of purchasing a TC Studio and was at first worried about this, but we have decided not to do IMAG until we have moved into our much larger building. At that point we will probably move the TC Studio to a less important position and purchase something else probably HD.

jcupp
08-15-2008, 04:33 PM
I will make this short, I was one of the first to use the Video Toster when it came out, and have been looking at the TriCaster for many years....so I log on for the first time and start reading and I find out there is a 5 sec delay in the output...here are my questions.
Mark Williams
Digital Producer

The OP was claiming a 5 FRAME delay not 5 second.