PDA

View Full Version : 8.3 Menu Layout wierdness?

maxxwv
08-24-2005, 04:26 PM
Anybody else have this issue - suddenly, I can't re-order my menu layout in Modeler by dragging and dropping from one location to another (obviously, I'm in the Edit Menu Layout window). I have a "More" section to a menu, and want to drag everything out of the group onto the base menu. LW won't let me. My config's are not write protected, as I can add new buttons and edit or delete existing, I just can't move them anymore. Anybody else?

Mebek
08-24-2005, 04:40 PM
This is happening to me too, wanted to move the Magic Bevel to a different spot in the menu (hate opening the More... button).

maxxwv
08-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Cool - good to know I'm not the only one. Anybody else? If there's a couple more, I may submit it as a bug if it hasn't been already.

Dodgy
08-24-2005, 05:26 PM
It is a bug. THe workaround is to double click the menu item you want to move, so that it brings up the rename panel, then escape or close that and you should find you can drag and drop the menu item as normal. A bit of a ball ache but it'll work until 8.5 hopefully fixes it.

Also, you could use the find function to find the command in the commands list on the left, and drag and drop it from there, as this seems to work, then delete the old occurance.