PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 8.4 for mac?

Jean-Paul Lar.
08-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Hey everyone, I have been busy finishing my short so haven't been around the forums for a bit. From the info i gathered from reading a few thread its looking like Mac is getting an 8.4 update and PC is getting an 8.5 update?
tell me this isnt so? Is this Apple's fault, Nt's, or a bit of both? Sorry if this has been posted before and in no way do i want to start any trouble with this thread as I respect NT and my fellow LWer's. :D

Darth Mole
08-26-2005, 05:44 AM
No - 8.5 for both platforms.

Jean-Paul Lar.
08-26-2005, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the info Darth Mole. :) I was worried the mac side of things wouldn't get the new open GL features, I just picked up a 9800 pro special mac edition.
Im planning on installing it soon cause im almost at the render stage with my short finally. :D

Darth Mole
08-26-2005, 04:11 PM
Uh, from what I gather, I don't think the Mac version will be getting the OpenGL features (realtime procedural preview etc), mainly because Apple's implementation isn't as mature as that on the PC.

It's a nice novelty, but not a dealbreaker - well not for me. I've got FPrime :)

Jean-Paul Lar.
08-29-2005, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the reply again Darth Mole. :) Thats to bad but like you said Fprime works. :thumbsup: