PDA

View Full Version : motion mixer messing motions!!!

PeteS
08-23-2005, 08:48 PM
ok. so i created all the motions i needed.
then i tested them and saved them out as .hmot's.
at this point everything is fine..

Then, i re-open the file and all the motions are way off. like a fist will have one finger sticking way up and another to the side.

another weird thing i found. remember when you use to use motion mixer, you could attach that one motion to a slider? well now if you go under the motion mixer in sliders, there is a separate motion for each bone!!! to adjust the power of the pose you need to do each bone separate?!!!
did i miss something here? and what is this "MM_Motion Driver"? it seems to be at the root of this evil. not sure though, but when ever you create a actor, all the bones get the modifier in the motion panel.

anyone have this problem?
anyone have the fix?

PeteS
08-23-2005, 10:42 PM
ALRIGHT...don't quote me on this, but it seems to be working.

i re-named all my hand bones to something unique. Like left pinky base, left pinky middle..etc.

before, i had it all with pinky and a number after it. when i clicked on the bone, it would have the number in parenthesis like this: pinky (3)

give it a shot...

much like a grandmother who can lift a volkswagon, it's amazing what you can figure out when your deadline depends on it ;-)

Newtek...please help with these bugs!

I love lightwave...sometimes it don't love me

eblu
08-24-2005, 11:31 AM
hey man,
its not "really" a bug in this case.
motion mixer (in fact the lightwave architecture) relies on uniquely named objects. putting that number on it does Not count, so motion mixer was very confused when you loaded the animation onto your object.

thats right. Lightwave differentiates objects, Not by a unique number applied behind the scenes, but by the name you give each Object. Its the way it is, the way its always been. If you don't use unique names, Motion Mixer is Not the only thing that could get confused.

PeteS
08-24-2005, 11:37 AM
well, it's good to hear.
and...i was following a splinegod tutorial. and that is how is was suppose to be named. his cd's happen to be great too....minus the naming issue ;)

Dodgy
08-24-2005, 12:33 PM
Actually, Lightwave uses unique numeric identifiers behind the scenes, not names, but a lot of plugins don't seem to use this correctly if at all which can lead to problems when using 'load from Scene'. I'm guessing Motion Mixer is one of these plugins. For a correctly usage of these IDs, have a look at my Springythingy Lscript which can be found here:
www.dodgy.ghostoutpost.com
on the plugins page.

It is a good idea to use unique names, but that can be a pain if you're using copies of the same character.