PDA

View Full Version : new lightwave 8 serial # with lw9/vue upgrade?

KillMe
08-23-2005, 09:43 AM
it says i have a new lightwave 8 serial number to register how exactly does that work?

i go to the registering page and well ther eis no option for an upgrade from 8 to 9 so do i jsut register it as lightwave 8 normally or do i wait until version 9 is released?

and what does that mean for my exisiting serial number is it then obsolete and where does my dongle fit in to all this?

ah confusing stuff

gjjackson
08-23-2005, 09:51 AM
If you haven't had a v8 before you'd register your v8. I don't think there's a registration for 9 yet, since it's not released. If this is a new purchase you'd just register 8.

Bytehawk
08-23-2005, 10:00 AM
I asked Ben about this the other day and he told me i had to register the new serial in order for them to be able to ship lw9 when it comes out. So technically we just bought an upgrade to lw8 from lw8 (i entered 7.5-there was no lw8 choice) but because you registered now you get the lw9 upgrade....

or something like that...

KillMe
08-23-2005, 10:13 AM
ok i will do that to - what about the permenant license key? i've already got one though persumably not for the new serial number - should that replace my exisitng one? more to the point how do i find out my dongle id what ever since i have a license it doesn't tell me it =/