PDA

View Full Version : Virtual VCR & MPEG-2?

StephenW
08-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Hi-

Is there a way to make the Virtual VCR play back MPEG-2 files? I tried it and could not get it to work.

The benefits of playing back a standard format such as MPEG-2 are obvious. Maybe I just need to load a codec or something.

Any help in this area would be appreciated.

PIZAZZ
08-26-2005, 10:02 AM
Hi-

Is there a way to make the Virtual VCR play back MPEG-2 files? I tried it and could not get it to work.

The benefits of playing back a standard format such as MPEG-2 are obvious. Maybe I just need to load a codec or something.

Any help in this area would be appreciated.

Since Newtek does not want users or dealers to install other software on the system then it would not be very easy to get MPEG2 playback. WinXP does not come with a MPEG2 decoder builtin. If one was to install for instance Intervideo's WinDVD or CyberPower DVD software decoder/players, then the decoder "might" be seen by TriCaster. At least that is how it works with the VT. I do not know first hand about if it works with TriCaster. You could try it out and see if it works then let us know but of course that might void the TriCaster warranty.

John Perkins
08-26-2005, 04:42 PM
I actually tried it after he posted this and to me, it acts like it ignores them on purpose. I tried several codecs that I have used on VT4 and they all failed.

It shows up with an .mpg icon, drops into the VCR and shows blank, then acts like an audio file.

Maybe someone will have better luck, but IMHO it should have worked here.

David Curle
08-26-2005, 06:40 PM
I actually tried it after he posted this and to me, it acts like it ignores them on purpose. I tried several codecs that I have used on VT4 and they all failed.

It shows up with an .mpg icon, drops into the VCR and shows blank, then acts like an audio file.

Maybe someone will have better luck, but IMHO it should have worked here.
That is crappy Who ever heard of an event where a DVD was not required to be played on cue - and at the last moment! It should play MPEG2 and VOB files!