PDA

View Full Version : Modeler not attached to the Hub

BeppeTurbo
08-22-2005, 01:57 PM
Hi,
I haven't used LW since v.4 on PC so how does this Hub thing work?
How do I attach Modeler to the Hub? Do I need to write anything in the cmdLine files?
LW 8.3 OSX 10.4.2

Regards,
Mats

toby
08-23-2005, 12:04 AM
It should connect automatically - if you have Layout running, try restarting Modeler - or better yet start it with the button in Layout.

BeppeTurbo
08-23-2005, 04:01 AM
Well, it doesn't start automatically. I have also restarted Layout and Modeler several times. But I do not have my permanent license key yet. (Bought LW on the 19th of Aug. Installed yesterday evening.) Does the Hub require a permanent license key?

Mats

toby
08-23-2005, 10:29 PM
aaahrr. I only have a few ideas, maybe someone else can come to our aid - I'm sure that the License.key is not needed -

Find the Lightwave Hub 8 Prefs file located here: user/johnsmith/library/preferences/, open it in a text editor and make sure that it has proper paths to the Layout and Modeler apps -

Make sure that the Hub application is in the Programs folder -

Check the Hub cmdline file in the programs folder, see that it has a path to - user/johnsmith/library/preferences

Hope that does it!
:goodluck:

BeppeTurbo
08-24-2005, 03:33 PM
I got my permanent license today and now the Hub works as expected. So yes it does require a permanent license.

Mats

toby
08-24-2005, 11:46 PM
Wow, you're right! I just tried it, did the same thing here. One for the memory banks.