PDA

View Full Version : Freeing frame buffers hangup

ooklah
08-21-2005, 05:58 PM
It took most of an afternoon, but I finially got screamer to run and work like its supposed to (as far as I can tell). I've now run a test twice, and both times, after a while, one of the computers (or more) will get to Freeing Frame buffers. and just stop. And since it doesn't ever send the clear command or whatnot, it never advances frames afterwards. Though if I send the cancel render command, it picks up like it was working perfectly. What might be causing this? and what could I do to keep it from happening? Cause i'd rather not have to watch over it like a hawk to make sure all the computers are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Currently I'm using three computers.

djlithium
08-23-2005, 11:55 AM
It took most of an afternoon, but I finially got screamer to run and work like its supposed to (as far as I can tell). I've now run a test twice, and both times, after a while, one of the computers (or more) will get to Freeing Frame buffers. and just stop. And since it doesn't ever send the clear command or whatnot, it never advances frames afterwards. Though if I send the cancel render command, it picks up like it was working perfectly. What might be causing this? and what could I do to keep it from happening? Cause i'd rather not have to watch over it like a hawk to make sure all the computers are doing what they are supposed to be doing.

Currently I'm using three computers.

I have encountered the same problem but we use Smedge here in house as the render controller and it seems to be able to start up more LSWN screamer net nodes ontop of dead ones so that I am always running 4 LSWN nodes per dual CPU HT processor box - which is what you need to run in order to pull all the CPU power into the mix. Just watch the RAM for each scene.