PDA

View Full Version : TMPEG & T3



RayLarson
08-21-2005, 01:05 PM
I recently upgraded TMPEG to the lastest upgrade TMPEG2.5xxxx and now my VT3 projects will not import. I ran the 3rd party installer several times at the TMPEG program was found but now when I import a project it say could not open or unsupported. The previous version I had worked flawlessly for years...now...DOOMED. I need to get some projects out the door. I had to render and .avi to get it to work. Even the avi wrapper won't import. Before I just selected my T3 project and "BAM" I was set to go.

Any and all help would be appreciated

:help:

mgrusin
08-22-2005, 10:11 AM
I'm using 2.524 which was released last December, and haven't had any (new) problems.

Check to make sure there's a "videotoaster.vfp" file in the TMPGEnc directory (this is what the 3rd party installer installs). If it's not there, you can try moving it there manually; search for it in the VT directories.

You can also verify that the above plugin is installed by running TMPGEnc (no wizard), going to options/environmental settings/VFAPI plugins, and seeing if there's an entry for "Newtek VT3 Plugin". Mine is set to priority 0, I recall there being a problem reading RTVs if this priority is wrong.

Only other thought is: sure you're not using 3.x by mistake?

The above is my experience with VT3, for VT4+, :question:

Good luck Ray! -MG.

EDIT: ok, one more thought - I also recall there being issues for projects which use non-Newtek effects; if this is the case you might try creating a very dumb project (10 seconds of bars) to see if there's something about your project that TMP doesn't like. Good luck! :compbeati

RayLarson
08-23-2005, 09:09 AM
I have checked everything and all is as it should be. I did get it to work last night on past projects so there may be a problem with the one in question. I was going to delete and reinstall but I am not sure about the registration and I don't want more headaches.

I will keep you updated. Thanks for the reply.

RayLarson
08-25-2005, 08:02 AM
Did a re-edit of the project and saved as a new project. All worked flawlessly. Seems there was something TMPEG didn't like about the original project. All effects and clips were the same just a different file.

:thumbsup:

Pete Draves
08-25-2005, 09:06 AM
sometimes just a kill winrtme will make the project load into tmpeg
this is due to the toaster needing to be cleared to run the project.
Pete

Scott Bates
08-25-2005, 09:08 AM
I should have suggested re-saving the project or rendering it out to a single file Ray because I ran into the exact same thing a couple months ago. TMPGEnc just didn't like something in the original project, but was fine when I either resaved the project itself with a different name or rendered it and gave it the single audio and video files; don't remember which I did anymore. That's the only project I've had where TEMPGEnc would not accept the project file itself.

RayLarson
08-26-2005, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the thought, Scott. I had originally rendered a DV2 file and then let TMPEG encode it but I wanted to save a step. Must have been something it didn't like. Once I re-did the project and re-saved, all was well. I was most concerned that I had lost the link between my T3 and TMPEG since I rely on it so heavily.