PDA

View Full Version : iVGA output size

Martin Dolbear
08-21-2005, 06:31 AM
VT, still amazing after all these years! :vticon:

We find that when using the iVGA module and assigning it to the switcher that the output is not full frame. It is smaller in both height and width (underscan) than output from the other sources (DDR, camera, etc.) flowing through the switcher. The iVGA client screen size has no bearing on this. Since we feed to projectors using their full display area, the difference between the iVGA signal and any other signal from the switcher is noticeable and layering an iVGA mask over another source as background leaves an image “border” on all sides. Is there an “overscan” setting we have missed?

Martin Dolbear

joelbialek
09-29-2005, 07:57 PM
i have found the same issue as mr. dolbear in my production situation. what's the point of being able to output to an xga projector if the ivga utility doesn't show the full desktop image? i understand if you're sending the program output to an ntsc monitor, but why not build in an option to under or overscan the whole input from an ivga client? since this app runs separately from vt[4] itself, shouldn't this be an easier fix (and i say easier with the utmost respect for you newtek software engineers) to address?

we have a couple major events coming up with large venue projection that would greatly benefit from having ivga work in this way.

thanks again for all you do.

joel bialek

Paul Lara
09-30-2005, 03:10 PM
Yes, guys, we have added an 'underscan' feature to iVGA, which will be part of the 4.51 update. :hey:

joelbialek
09-30-2005, 03:17 PM
awesome... thanks paul for the quick response! :thumbsup:

joelbialek
09-30-2005, 03:18 PM
what's a rough ETA on 4.51? just curious...

Jim_C
09-30-2005, 04:12 PM
hahaha!

The :cat: is outa the bag Paul!!

Here we go.......

:tongue:

Paul Lara
09-30-2005, 04:28 PM
what's a rough ETA on 4.51? just curious...

So, is the cat out of the bag before or after it gets killed by curiousity?

:tsktsk: I can't give an ETA at the moment, guys.

eon5
10-02-2005, 04:23 PM
Paul, dont forget to add reposition option -like the proyector-

Martin Dolbear
10-03-2005, 02:12 PM
"Yes, guys, we have added an 'underscan' feature to iVGA, which will be part of the 4.51 update."

and

"I can't give an ETA at the moment, guys."

Paul,

Does a simple fix to the completely separate iVGA app have to wait for the whole 4.51 project?

Martin Dolbear