PDA

View Full Version : "Anymore Sigg'Vids coming..?"

DeathsHead
08-20-2005, 11:10 PM
"I was just wondering if the last 3 spaces are going to get filled with additional footage from the show, or if thats it... an there ain't no more...?

Death'...

:stumped:

GCL
08-21-2005, 07:33 AM
Like it's said, that's all folks !
I figured after 2 weeks, any additional footage would be up and running.
Who knows ?

coremi
08-21-2005, 03:34 PM
how about a good quality demoreel ? we have a few very nice video featuring Lightwave but they are very poor quality. So if NT has the right to show them in poor quality, maybe they can show them in very good quality. Everybody loves reels, i think in 3D world everybody is talking about reels, and for sure XSI one are very well known. A lot of people think XSI is awesome just because of the reels, they haven't seen or worked with the software, but it is great at least, because of the reels. Demoreeels are a very smart way of promoting 3D software. maybe too expensive ?

T-Light
08-21-2005, 06:42 PM
coremi-

So if NT has the right to show them in poor quality, maybe they can show them in very good quality
You'd think so.

coremi-

maybe too expensive ?
Can't be, I can't see Newtek editing all the clips in low res, there's no financial penalty for editing in at least Digital Video quality, especially with their kit. I'd suspect they have at least DVD quality edits, they just haven't placed them on a server for download. If we keep pushing maybe they'll do just that.:)

digital verve
08-21-2005, 10:13 PM
:agree: My vote for high resolution demo reel download versions. :)

DeathsHead
08-21-2005, 11:55 PM
"Ya'kno what I think is kind of funny (and I don't mind being corrected if I'm wrong here...) but I thought it was & is funny over the past couple of years that NK used their own "Tricaster" package for what was suppose to be top quality "Live Streaming" of the past Sig' shows... yet for a top quality presentational software package who's main intent is for presentational use, never seemed to work as top quality a package as it was suppose to be. I had both DSL & Cable/broadband two different years and neither time was I able to physically sit here & watch any kind of "Live Stream's" of the Sig shows... I would loose frame after frame after frame... if not loose the connection altogether..."Several Times!" And I wasn't the only one that I personnelly know this was happening too. Just about everyone I know that is into LW was saying the same thing..."

"Now this year, NK just does away with Tricaster all together as a "Live Stream... and sets up the transference of Sig information as downloadable files... And this I find even humor's... With all the money and Tricast'power thats at their disposal... Why in the world couldn't NK have spent the extra money to purchase say, an external 300+ gig hardrive and save the files in "Full Screen Resolution"... **** they could have used Dvix and kept the file size down if that was the issue. I downloaded the available files and I have to say that I, and my buds that were here watching it with me, were "most disapointed indeed" when it came to the lackluster quality of the video's."

"Isn't the whole idea behind Siggy an such, "to advertise"..? "Wouldn't you then want to go out of you way and present the advertisement with, you'kno, "IMPACT!" "GRAB MY HEAD AND SMASH MY SKULL INTO THE MONITOR WITH AMAZEMENT AN AWE!!!"

'tis just me,... 'Death knock'n on ye door... :cool: "