PDA

View Full Version : crawls

wacksteven
08-20-2005, 05:24 PM
Are crawls possible with the TriCaster? If so, how are they accomplished?

StephenW
08-22-2005, 06:45 AM
Crawls are not possible with the TriCaster that I am aware of.

It would be a nice add on in the future, but a crawl uses processor recources and it may be too much for one computer to handle.

Ivan
08-22-2005, 09:13 AM
Somehow I don't believe that it isn't possible, that's pretty basic and if you really need to do it you could load the text into the editor and use positioner to move it over time. There should be an easier way though. I don't have TriCaster so maybe someone can point you to the easy way.

Ivan

JReble
08-22-2005, 10:52 AM
You can make crawls and rolls in a VT3 with a single processor so I'm sure it possible. I expect it just the simplified C.G. capabilities of the Tricaster that removed the capability.

What would be great is a crawl-roll application for both Tricaster and VT that allowed a predefined text string be played on the fly with variable speed control as it went. This would allow a live user to control the pace of the roll or crawl to stay in sync with the program being directed. Just something simple that uses a few basic predefined character styles/sizes and pulled the text from a text file or something. When you played the roll or crawl, it displays on program out and you can speed it up or slow it down with pageup/pagedown or something.