PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE fix the random selection bug in Modeler!!!

Matt
08-20-2005, 04:45 AM
I know this has been asked for by Lewis, but seriously guys, this needs fixing as a priority!!!

Selecting polys while zoomed in can select polys that are out of view, unless you perform a 'zoom selected' on every selection to double-check this hasn't happened you risk messing up your model beyond repair.

This isn't acceptable, it was never there in 7.5, so something was broken in 8.x.

I really hope this is sorted in 8.5.

Respectfully
Matt

mkiii
08-20-2005, 06:51 AM
Amen to that.

Modeler has progressively become more & more broken since 7.5. UV mapping anything hi-poly is a major pita now, with random floating points all over the place that crash modeler if you try to remove them (bug reported way back, and seemingly ignored).

I am just hoping that 8.5 fixes these modeler problems, cos if it doesn't then I don't see much point in shelling out for another upgrade to 9.0

Lewis
08-20-2005, 08:17 AM
I Agree :). It's very frustrating bug and i've remodeled part sof my models numerous times so far :(. Worst thing for me is when i delete some points/polys out of view i even didn't see :(. That's very messi when i do shift+a to autozoom and findout tha ti have hughe hole in my model :). Then it's question to UNDO or not to UNDO -coz i fo do undo i loose all what i modeled/did when i was in zoom and if i don't undo i need to close many gaps/holes - recreate polygons :(.

AFAIK that "random select" bug come with 7.5 but it wasn't been so nasty as in 8.x series but UV points in Modeler came with FREE MOVE in 8.2 - probably 'coz they added many new UV functions including my favourite SubPatch UVs which is tremendeous asset to UVs in LW :). I remeber some moaning on forums when various users insisted that it's not possible to do disortion free UVs (in subpatch) without TOTAL rewrite of LW :). I'm glad they've been proven to be WRONG (anyone remeber of CIM ? who "predicted" many "crazy" things about LW and proved to be wrong in 99% of them so far :))

cheers

Matt
08-20-2005, 08:17 AM
Speaking of accuracy issues, I have noticed on occasion that if I mirror something the points aren't merged because the mirror wasn't accurate, it's only when I select all the centre points and get info on them I see that on the X axis they are of 'mixed' type when they should be 0.

Doesn't always happen, but I HAS happened!

Lewis
08-20-2005, 08:23 AM
Speaking of accuracy issues, I have noticed on occasion that if I mirror something the points aren't merged because the mirror wasn't accurate, it's only when I select all the centre points and get info on them I see that on the X axis they are of 'mixed' type when they should be 0.

Doesn't always happen, but I HAS happened!

I ALWAYS set value points to 0 before mirror/merge and didn't have any problems so far. Maybe you really didn't have them centered before mirrot ? I do mirro alteast 100 times by day (with modeling cars everything is mirrored ;)) and never had that issue.

If you can't recreate it ALWAYS (like random select bug) then it's problem to report as bug :(.