PDA

View Full Version : Cover a body on a bed with a blanket

randyman2
04-30-2003, 03:18 PM
Our hobby has gotten out of control and now we need to model some things that we don't know how to do and don't have the time to research properly. There is probably a simple way to do this, but I hope someone can help. We currently are using LW7.

We are creating an animation to "discover" a 1912 murder scene. There are 2 bodies in each bed. Mom, Dad and 6 children ranging in age from 5 to teenagers. All of them have the covers pulled up over their heads and blood stains and a bit of flattening on the head areas and lots of splatters.

I don't know how to create a natural looking blanket drapped over the bodies.

I've also had trouble getting the lighting right inside of the house (all the blinds drawn and cloth covering them as well). I've got this looking ok, but could use some pointers.

I would also appreciate some info on how to cut down on the flickering we see on the front of the horizontal slatted wood outsides of the house.

Thanks!

Randy

rabid pitbull
04-30-2003, 05:03 PM
first off definitly upgrade to 7.5, since it is filled with many new features over version 7, and it is free.

the flickering may be due to lack of anti aliasing. turn it on and will make huge improvement. this could also be due to the textures. make sure to not set the bump mapping to high.

lighting is a tricky thing, i recomend looking into the tutorials on the web. Newtek has many that may be useful.

now to the blanket. you need to use motion designer, this is also very technical check for tutorials on it.

here some good tutorials on it (http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/motion_designer.htm)

now about your lack of time to research... best find some cause this is a tricky hobby without knowledge.:)

good luck