PDA

View Full Version : Creating DSK material from VTEdit?

stevestrike
08-18-2005, 05:12 PM
I've got a countdown video that we made in Aura (thanks Chris!). Using VTEdit, I cropped down, and moved the video to the lower right corner of the screen. The background is black, and the countdown is white.

I want to render the project to a file that I can play in a DDR. I will the set that DDR as the DSK and overlay it onto other videos in a live setting. When I try this now, I get a solid black background, and the transparent part of the DSK doesn't happen.

Is it possible to do what I'm asking here? How should I configure VTEdit to properly render this video?

Thanks,
Steve

Paul Lara
08-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Sure, you can do that!
"Alls ya gotta do"... is remove the black background entirely and save it as RTV+alpha. Then it will display as you'd expect in DDR.

stevestrike
08-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Thanks, Paul. I will get in and try that.

stevestrike
08-22-2005, 09:51 AM
OK, I give up. I was unable to "remove the black background". I ended up adding a luma key to effectivly remove the background, but I'd rather do it like Paul said. Can someone give me the exact steps to do this?

Also, what is the smalled file format that supports the Alpha channel? Uncompressed is OK, but this video is small and doesn't need the high quality a 9GB file provides.