PDA

View Full Version : iVGA & windows media

jport
08-18-2005, 04:43 PM
finally installed 4.5, and loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doing a live concert in a couple of months and was wondering how would i hook-up/use iVGA to display the windows media visuals [the ones that are syncronized to music]

i want the visuals to be syncronized to the performers instead.

UnCommonGrafx
08-18-2005, 05:02 PM
Look at ChromaFX on the switcher through Aura. Amazingly Trippy stuff can be done with this combo, all animated and all 'live'. Play with it a bit and you'll see.

stevestrike
08-18-2005, 05:14 PM
You will need an audio output going into the computer running Windows Media Player (you are using 2 computers, right?). Then take the iVGA signal back to an input in your VT4 switcher.

May I recommend trying Geiss or Milkdrop for Winamp instead of WMP? Much better looking IMHO, and they even have options for doing exactly what you are trying to do (dual screen, etc...)

Good luck.

Jim_C
08-18-2005, 05:33 PM
Yes Yes to Winamp Visuals (you can dload tons more) and ChromaFX and also try the 'time stretch' filter from the VT thru the switcher on live footage. You'll freak em out real good...

:rock:

PIZAZZ
08-20-2005, 09:18 AM
On our VJLive systems we sometimes put R4 on them and run it on the second head. We then route the visuals via the VGA capture module. R4 was developed by some of the original developers of Winamp. I personally would not use the more readily available MediaPlayer, Winamp visuals since many many people have seen them before.

http://www.rabidhamster.org/rx.php

You will need to play around with some setting since the visual programs will most likely put out many more frames than the VGA Capture or IVGA can handle. Test, Test, Test.

jport
08-22-2005, 03:34 AM
thanks for your suggestions guys, i appreciate it.

i've got some time so i'll experiment with what will work best for my set-up.
just to confirm, yeah it'll be 2 computers, 1 for vt and the other with the "digital" player loaded with the iVGA.

Thanks again!!! :thumbsup:

bklock
08-31-2005, 07:13 PM
I really like the R4 stuff... I don't use it on My VT... we run it on another machine, and output the visuals as S-video from the second head of the video card... Definitely worth using the dual head stuff with R4 as that there is areally cool web interface that allows you to do real time control of the scenes, text, etc... I haven't done any video shows with it... just had it for our personal use for our party... but could easily see how it would be worth using for concert or live stuff.... I used it with some luminance keys so we could mix live cameras with the trippy visuals.... They have this really cool skull scene that the mouth opens with the beat of the music... Oh, and you can create your own scenes with R4.... Enough tooting about it! I definetely would run it on a seperate machine, as it really would like resources.