PDA

View Full Version : Help installing supposed FULL LW5.5

slomo
08-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Well...long story but......I won auction on ebay for LW 5.5 FULL boxed, "unregistered" and almost like new...It arrived today and needless to say when I go to install it says "Please locate the LW 5 programs directory from your LW 5 installation..."Well I dont have a 5.0 installation..The box says full right on the side and it also came with a serial dongle that has a "LW*****" label on it. So I guess my question is have I been duped...I really only bought this version because it was cheap , I am tired of the discovery edition, and I thought it would be a way to take advantage of the sweet upgrade that NT is offering on the 9 package...I figured since it came with a dongle it was as good as gold...Please any help is appreciated I'd really like to be up and runnning and order the upgrade package before they yank it..

Thanx In Advance,
Andrew

mrunion
08-18-2005, 01:59 PM
These are only opinions and questions, but:

1) You DO have the dongle, right?
2) Do you have the serial number for it?

If so, you may still be able to register it. You don't necessarily have to install it *I don't think* to be a registered user.

Call Newtek and see if you can sort it out -- then at least you are a registered user and can probably take advantage of the upgrade pricing.

Take all I said with a grain of salt -- I'm just guessing at this stuff!

slomo
08-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Alrighty ..well...just got off the phone with customer service, and........they took care of it. The serial was enough to go by(and yes I do have the dongle)because it was not registered before. So they let me order up the package of 8 to 9 and Vue plus they'll ship new dongle after I send mine back in.

The problem was that LW 5.5 is so old...lol...it wont run on Win Xp..Thats what all the errors were about..So yea!!!!

Anyways, thanx for replying mrunion yer grain of salt was quite right...

mrunion
08-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Welcome aboard!

Or should we say "Welcome home." ?

:lwicon: :thumbsup:

WizCraker
08-19-2005, 11:22 PM
What a deal. NewTek comes in a close second just behind Eyeon [the Fusion developers] for best customer service.