PDA

View Full Version : Need to do simple dissolving loop of 4 inputs

tourtek
08-18-2005, 03:46 AM
I have a project coming up for which I need to be able to take 4 composite sources and have each one appear on screen (for, say, a minute) and then dissolve to the next one in an endless loop (with the ability to get out of it by dissolving to a 5th source).

Do I need to purchase/rent some sort of special switcher with auto-scan capabilities (is there such a thing?) or can I use the VT4? How? Through the VT-Edit timeline? Is there a way to do event scripting?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Mark

PIZAZZ
08-18-2005, 06:07 AM
I have a project coming up for which I need to be able to take 4 composite sources and have each one appear on screen (for, say, a minute) and then dissolve to the next one in an endless loop (with the ability to get out of it by dissolving to a 5th source).

Do I need to purchase/rent some sort of special switcher with auto-scan capabilities (is there such a thing?) or can I use the VT4? How? Through the VT-Edit timeline? Is there a way to do event scripting?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Mark

Mark We have an autoswitcher plugin that would fit your needs.

I am away from the office this week but I will get back with you later with more details. In the meantime please email me your contact info.

jef at pizazzme dot com

Ivan
08-18-2005, 08:34 AM
You may be able to do this with a VTEdit Project. Check in the Utilities folder. These items can be placed on the timeline and set in Control Tree. You should be able to hit Play and Loop and get the desired results.

Ivan

tourtek
08-18-2005, 06:02 PM
Thank you, Ivan!

That looks like it might just do the trick. A little confusing, though. Anyone happen to know if there's any documentation as to how to use the utility croutons to control a switched show in VT-Edit? The manual mentions the audio control croutons VERY briefly, but no mention of the Main/Pvw bus and T-Bar ones.

Cheers.
Mark

Ivan
08-18-2005, 09:05 PM
Drop them in and go to control tree. Experimentation is the best way to learn and if you break something, report it to NewTek.

Ivan

stevestrike
08-18-2005, 09:12 PM
I don't understand, the 4 composite sources are going to be 'live' right? If so, I don't think what Ivan said will work, and you will need that autoswitching plugin.

Jim_C
08-19-2005, 06:49 AM
There are utilities that route a live input through the VT-Edit interface. Like the old Flyer..
So (kinda like usual) what Ivan says probably will work.

Paul Lara
08-19-2005, 06:54 AM
The thing about the control croutons that took me a moment to understand is they are switches, and not clips. That means if you put one in the timeline with it set to Y/C 1, it will change to that input, but the change does not revert at the end of the icon, so don't expect to stretch them out for the intended duration, as you would a clip or filter.

Instead, if you wish to revert back to your timeline, then you must place another control crouton down that returns to VT-Edit.

I hope that helps,

Paul

tonsofpcs
08-19-2005, 12:56 PM
If I understand this right, the following sequence should work:
PST == Preview/Preset bus; PGM = Program/Main Bus; KEY = Key bus
[start]
PST 1
AutoTransition
PST 2 (about 1 minute down)
AutoTransition
PST 3 (about 1 minute down)
AutoTransition
PST 4 (about 1 minute down)
AutoTransition
PST 1 (about 1 minute down)
[Loop]
You would need to start with black or 1 in the program bus, but after that, it should go automatically. I put PST 1 twice so that you can have the project run a minute past the transition to 4; If you are putting audio, you could simply leave out the last PST 1 and extend the audio a minute past the transition to 4 (or, I think, you can put a black clip in the timeline at a minute past the transition to 4).