PDA

View Full Version : load plug-in

Floyd Kurio
04-30-2003, 02:09 PM
I need help in loading a 3rd party plug-in (un-wrap) into modeler, can someone walk me through it.

hcoat
04-30-2003, 07:53 PM
the last time i saw this plug-in it was only working in LW 6.5.
but if it will work with your version of LW then go head and make a new folder inside the the lightwave folder. call it what ever you want. put the plug-in in your new folder go into modeler and go to the modeler menu»plug-ins»add plug-in go find you the new folder that you created and select the plug-in. if the plug-in works with your version of LW it will tell you that it has been load otherwise it will tell you that it failed. the plug-in will show up in the additional menu which in LW 7.5 is under the construct tab.

the reason for creating a new folder is so that if is easy to find any 3rd party plug-ins and also makes it easier to move them when upgrade LW.

If Unwrap works with 7.5 let me know. I would like to use it again.

Floyd Kurio
05-01-2003, 06:20 AM
Thank you, the inside LightWave 7 by Dan Ablan suggest the plug-in so I hope it works in 7 - currently I am working on a mac with OS9.2 - so I am using the 7 version, when I get my computer back with OS10 I’ll try it in 7.5.

paintboy
05-01-2003, 07:29 AM
unwrap2 works fine under 7.5/OSX however......
it now runs in layout instead of modeler.
little different , but works great.:D

heres ernies page
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/erniew/index.html

enggass
05-01-2003, 10:48 AM
Is anyone using Unwrap with Subd's successfully? or is it meant to be used primarily with non-subd's?

paintboy
05-01-2003, 10:54 AM
sub'd's work fine.
actually works better than old because
your unwrap shows the patch subdivision wire
which is more accurate for painting
hope this helps

enggass
05-01-2003, 11:30 AM
Really??? When I've tried it, the file it generates gives me my mesh all triangulated - like it's frozen. I'm trying it with the latest version that runs in Layout. Am I missing something?

paintboy
05-01-2003, 01:37 PM
like its frozen.... yep.

are you missing something?...dont think so?

i suppose you can manage that, to some extent by the
subpatch render level. the higher it is set, for the nurbed object(although i have not tried) the more "frozen/tripled"... (as in back in the days when nurbs had to be frozen to get them into layout) your unwrap map is gonna look.
i guess really things havent changed other than layout"freezes" nurbs on the fly ...so to speak.

switch to wireframe in layout with any nurb and see.