PDA

View Full Version : Download Page Not Found / Being Updated - Maybe 8.5 is being added?

Matt
08-17-2005, 07:07 PM
Hehe! I just tried to look at the download page and noticed it was either unavailable or being updated, would be nice if it was being changed to add an 8.5 download!

:D

Pure speculation, but might as well drop the hint!

Wade
08-17-2005, 07:10 PM
maybe - :lwicon:

kcole
08-17-2005, 07:12 PM
Isn't this the download page? http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/downloads/index.php

Silkrooster
08-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Kind of, everything after ver 8 is downloaded from your account. This it to make sure you have a valid registration before downloading.
So this page just points to your account. Edit: I see they added a specs sheet before the link to your account sign in.
Silk

Matt
08-17-2005, 08:27 PM
:lwicon: guess not then! :(

byte_fx
08-17-2005, 09:13 PM
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/downloads/index.php

yeech - what a cheesy look that page has ....

Looks like it should be promoting something like "Sleazy Joe's Used Cars" instead of a good 3D rendering package ...

Anyway - the last few days the entire Newtek site has been slow in loading - maybe because a lot of people have it opened in the background so they can spot check for the 8.5 release.

Uploading the update shouldn't affect the response time if done properly.

Plus - if history repeats ... the main problem will be the European server. It's experienced problems in the past.

Of course - the update needs to be ready for release before any of that matters.

byte_fx

archiea
08-17-2005, 09:15 PM
you guys!!! 8/

I don't know whats worse... people wo start threads on the availablity of 8.5, or the people who answer those threads!! (like me!!!) :D

Well, us crack addicts have to stick together...

T-Light
08-17-2005, 10:02 PM
This was the wrong week to quit smoking. :foreheads

Still, only a few more hours and Chuck'll be back :thumbsup:

I'm sure as always he'll waste no time at all in giving us the precise date and time we'll be able to download :D