PDA

View Full Version : Vintage street scene...

paulhart
08-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Thought to post these shots as they get ready to go to press. The wide one is the cover for the book. I constructed it based upon the clients description and one small picture of the stoop stair railing. Some of you may remember it from an earlier post, and thank you to those who contributed suggestions. This is the version that the client is most enthused about. Only a little post work in Photoshop, the rest is Lightwave. The other images are for the inside the book, all Lightwave. The street scene with the figure had more post work in Photoshop than the other two, since I wanted more of a non-photo real look, tho I realize that none of these were going for photo-real, more illustrative by intent.

Kuzey
08-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Very cool!!

Kuzey

Hoopti
08-17-2005, 07:50 PM
I think the 4th one has to be my favorite. Excellent work.

Hoop

jbr3d
08-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Wow, very nice detailed work. The first one has a sepia finish to it, thats adds an extra nostalgic look. Whats the book about??

paulhart
08-18-2005, 01:56 PM
Hoopti, thank you for the response. That last one, from downstairs, looking up through the railings was an inspiration. I had completed the modeling and the book cover shot when I realized that several stories focused on the view from the basement flat out into the world, and all that I had to do was put a camera in the room and some curtains on the inside of the window. It really surprised the author, since there is no picture of this view, and the entire block has long since disappeared. She found it strangely accurate, and provoked extra memories.

jbr3d, the sepia look was intentional, as I am going for more of an illustrative look and the content is a collection of humorous/slice of life stories from 1925 on in Lower East Side New York, in the middle of a wildly mixed immigrant communities. It is going to press this week, hopefully.