PDA

View Full Version : DXF and 3ds import trouble

cvliv
04-30-2003, 01:34 PM
for some reason the only thing that shows up under import menu is EPSF loader. even though it shows all of my import plugs in the plug-ins dialog. i have trashed my prefs and realoaded plugs with no luck. any suggestions.

please help.

thanks,
cort

eblu
04-30-2003, 01:49 PM
try opening the file, some file imports are handled seamlessly. dont ask me why, i don't know.

cvliv
04-30-2003, 01:56 PM
thanks for the info. i tried that first and got nothing. no error and no data. gil at tech support (he rules) suggested downloading a more robust importer from the dstorm website. i did that and still nothing. mybe the file is fubared.

noiseboy
04-30-2003, 02:43 PM
you dont say which flavour of DXF you are trying to import. I think modeller/LW can only open up to DXF version 12. I've got various tools for generating .3ds files and LW opens them without difficulty. According to the manual mesh and surface assignment is imported wiith DXF, if your file does not contain the mesh info it wont show anything, AFAIK

cvliv
04-30-2003, 03:24 PM
well that i don't know. i asked my client for a dxf file and they said ok and sent me this. i have never encountered a dxf file that didn't wok so i never thought to ask them for anything more specific. now i know... thanks for your help

cort