PDA

View Full Version : Volumetric Trouble

Bug3D
08-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Hi everyone i m new for the forum and i hope to be welcome :)
first of all sorry for my english i will try to explain better as i can.
in the last time i tryed some rendering with volumetric light but i've found some trouble,this is the a part of the image:
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/7041/senzatitolo9ar.th.jpg (http://img83.imageshack.us/my.php?image=senzatitolo9ar.jpg)

And here my questions:
-With the best setting in the volumetric tab and a high AA in the final render alwais the light appear so..pixelous:thumbsdow i dont know what is wrong,please help me.I forgot,the radiosity(interpolated)settings are also high(RPE 9x27;Ind.Bou.2;Tol.1;MES 5mm)
-2 question(optional!)I try to make some fine dust in the volumetric light,but really i don't know if Hyper Voxel is the right tool for this effect,somebody know how to make the dust effect?
Sorry for the long post :) and thanks for the attention,i hope in your answer .respect :lwicon:!

Dodgy
08-17-2005, 02:30 PM
First, to do the dust, you'd probably be better off using partigon particles, they'l render fast and look pretty good.

Are you using shadow mapped shadows for your window light? This might be the problem. Try upping the shadow map size.

Bug3D
08-17-2005, 02:35 PM
First, to do the dust, you'd probably be better off using partigon particles, they'l render fast and look pretty good.

Are you using shadow mapped shadows for your window light? This might be the problem. Try upping the shadow map size.

Thanks for the tips Dodgy!
for the shadow map i will try now!For the partigon particles instead i never used they it's only few days i have LW 7.5 and partygon and luxigon are new tools for me :beerchug: thanks again

Bug3D
08-18-2005, 06:30 AM
:screwy: sorry i m an idiot,i make confusion with partigon and powergon i know what are partygon(1.point poly)and this is a good solution for the dust but,for the volumetric..
i have a volumetric point light in the scene and there's no shadow map settings for that,maybe the trouble is in the intensity falloff? really i dunno what to try :hey:

Dodgy
08-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Try using a spotlight for coming through the window. Set it's shadow type to ray trace too. If it's set to quality is set to best, you should get a nice result.

Dodgy
08-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Using a distant light will work too, but be a lot faster. The rays will be quite parallel, but if you can live with that, then this is the fastest solution.