PDA

View Full Version : Question about Streaming Options (Push vs. Pull)

Mr_Smith
08-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Hi Everyone :)

I would like to setup the tricaster to push a stream to a wmserver. Does anyone know if this can this be done?

Thanks!

PIZAZZ
08-18-2005, 05:51 AM
Short answer. Nope.

I am at a conference all this week and I had the same thing come up. I had to reconfigure my unicaster server to pull instead of me pushing to it.

It worked okay but not as dependable for me as in the past when I just pushed to the server.

Town Manager
08-26-2005, 08:22 AM
I need to push my live web cast to a streaming web server so hundreds of people can log in.

PIZAZZ
08-26-2005, 09:37 AM
I need to push my live web cast to a streaming web server so hundreds of people can log in.

Talk to your Web streaming host and have them setup the server you are connecting with to a pull scenario. It took my guy about 3 minutes to flip flop.

One thing though is you have to have a static IP address for the remote Unicast server to poll.

Contact me if you need any more info.

Town Manager
08-26-2005, 10:59 AM
Some help please....

my web streaming host is asking for a file name to pull.

The problem of course is someone has to be there to start the "pull." That cost much extra. Pushing is therfore cheaper.

PIZAZZ
08-26-2005, 12:52 PM
Some help please....

my web streaming host is asking for a file name to pull.

The problem of course is someone has to be there to start the "pull." That cost much extra. Pushing is therfore cheaper.

Ask the remote streaming host if you can have remote desktop access to that server to turn the stream on and off.

Once our host switched it to pull, all we had to do is hit start stream and away we went. Of course the user viewing the stream had to refresh the window if you lost connection or something.