PDA

View Full Version : What live outputs

David Curle
08-16-2005, 05:38 PM
If I wished to feed the lLIVE output of Tricaster into another recording suite, what outputs do I have available? Is the Y/C output live?
David

StephenW
08-16-2005, 05:49 PM
For a 1% investment of the $5,000 you spent on a TriCaster -- (or less than $50) you can get a 5 channel distribution amp from Radio Shack that has both composit and Y/C.

To me it was totally worth it. I output to DV tape, to MPEG-2, to live out on the cable system, to a monitor and one I have in spare right now that will no doubt be used at some point, because there is never enough... VHS maybe for those who have not read the writing on the wall yet.

Paul Lara
08-16-2005, 05:51 PM
If I wished to feed the LIVE output of Tricaster into another recording suite, ...Is the Y/C output live?

Yes, David.
Both the composite and Y/C outputs are available.

David Curle
08-16-2005, 05:52 PM
For a 1% investment of the $5,000 you spent on a TriCaster -- (or less than $50) you can get a 5 channel distribution amp from Radio Shack that has both composit and Y/C.

To me it was totally worth it. I output to DV tape, to MPEG-2, to live out on the cable system, to a monitor and one I have in spare right now that will no doubt be used at some point, because there is never enough... VHS maybe for those who have not read the writing on the wall yet.
Yes but I want only one output - but it needs to be Y/C

David Curle
08-16-2005, 06:05 PM
Yes, David.
Both the composite and Y/C outputs are available.

Paul is the Tricaster acting as a frame syncroniser to un-genlocked cameras eg regular DV cameras? If so is there a delay in switching between one camera and the next?
Is there any bandwidth limitation in the Tricaster that would reduce the possibility of recording the Live Y/C output into an uncompressed Editsuite like Edius?
David

Paul Lara
08-16-2005, 08:41 PM
Paul is the Tricaster acting as a frame syncroniser to un-genlocked cameras eg regular DV cameras? If so is there a delay in switching between one camera and the next?

No delay. You can do an instantaneous program-row punch.

Is there any bandwidth limitation in the Tricaster that would reduce the possibility of recording the Live Y/C output into an uncompressed Editsuite like Edius?

No again.
We produce full ITU-601 compliant broadcast video (and look pretty good while doing it!) :tcicon: