PDA

View Full Version : SkyTracer not found

Johnny
08-16-2005, 01:32 PM
I began fiddling with a scene using Sky Tracer (not ST2, just ST) when I had 7.5D loaded...

I open that scene into 8.3 and get this "No plug-in of type EnvironmentHandler found with name SkyTracer. Would you like to load it from disk?"

which I've tried using both 7.5 and 8.3 disks..and not finding it. I find ST 2, tho, just not SkyTracer..which seemed to offer a lot more options, as I recall.

Any suggestions on how I can load this beastie?

Thank you!

J

BazC
08-16-2005, 02:19 PM
Skytracer should be in Lightwave 3D 7.5>Plugins>Legacy

Johnny
08-16-2005, 02:40 PM
Skytracer should be in Lightwave 3D 7.5>Plugins>Legacy

OK..looked and I don't find such a hierarchy..specifically "Legacy." Neither on the 7.5 disc, nor on my previous installation of 7.5d...

thanks!

J

toby
08-16-2005, 11:55 PM
Did you do a Spotlight search for Skytracer? :thumbsup:

Johnny
08-17-2005, 05:37 AM
Did you do a Spotlight search for Skytracer? :thumbsup:

yeah, I did! sort of instinctively did that after I couldn't find ST by rooting thru folders..

I did find a Skytracer folder on the 7.5 disc, but it turned out to be a folder in a folder in a folder, ultimately with nothing in it.

is this the kind of thing which you don't see until you're running LW?

ST is a plug, right?

dang!

J

toby
08-17-2005, 11:12 AM
hmm, I'm at work right now and on pc they're called "skytracer.p" and "skytracer2.p", I can see them in the edit plug-ins window under Environment - so if you searched for 'SkyTracer' you should've found them -

I'll send you a copy when I get home

Johnny
08-17-2005, 11:30 AM
hmm, I'm at work right now and on pc they're called "skytracer.p"

OK..now, THAT worked! Found a skytracer.p Dunno why my search for "skytracer" didn't work.

thank you, though

J