PDA

View Full Version : Wrist watch render

threefiftyseven
08-16-2005, 02:43 AM
Perhaps not 100% complete (hands and bracelet still need some tweaking), but hopefully not too shabby. I built the model ages ago and finally have a machine fast enough to crank out a radiosity render :)

Abe
08-16-2005, 02:49 PM
Yes I like it,but I think the angle of the watch needs to rotated more to the right ,as it is now ,it's hard to make out the curve of the glass .It gives the impession that the dial, or the bezel of the watch is not square with the case.Well done though.

threefiftyseven
08-16-2005, 06:05 PM
Yeah, it's a pretty chunk chronograph style sports watch. The depth of the body and bezel is creating that effect. I'll render out a few more images in the near future and see how it looks. I may even slim it down if it still looks too chunky. Thanks for the feedback. You look at your own images so much you become blind to these sorts of nuances.

Abe
08-17-2005, 02:33 PM
One other thought on the watch,when you come to re-do the hands.With anything of a chronograph nature ,you always set the hands to "ten to ten".I dont know why but look at all the adverts in magazines.Will look forward to seeing another render when you can. :)

paulk
08-18-2005, 12:04 PM
One other thought on the watch,when you come to re-do the hands.With anything of a chronograph nature ,you always set the hands to "ten to ten".I dont know why but look at all the adverts in magazines.Will look forward to seeing another render when you can. :)
I believe "ten to ten" is least likely to obscure the logo or brand name on the watch face.

Abe
08-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Thanks paulk I always wondered ,now I know :thumbsup: