PDA

View Full Version : Viewport distortion

Palamides
08-16-2005, 01:33 AM
Hey

I was modelling with subpatches and the model looked good so i sent it to layout but the model looked a little bit different but significantly than when I was viewing it in modeller. Anyone know why, or any workarounds for this?
thanks in advance

Capt Lightwave
08-16-2005, 01:52 AM
Not quite sure what you mean, but try hitting TAB and set a higher subpatch level....

Remember though that it's the render level that counts.

Surrealist.
08-16-2005, 03:02 AM
There are a couple of reasons for this. First is make sure in the object properties panel you have as the same display subpatch in modeler - just to compare. Render can be higher of course and your display should be lower for speed of work in Layout. But if you are just checking, know that they are by default both set to 3.

And per above, of course make sure you are in subpatch when you switch to layout.

Now the default camera in LW is going to most likely be a wider lens than the one you have set in Modeler.

What you can do is in the camera properties in layout adjust the zoom factor to a highrer number.

You can go into modeler and hit d to get the display options. Here you can find the slider for the perspective amount. This will adjust the zoom factor of the Modeler "camera". Go back and forth until you have them looking close enogh that you don't have distortion. I would recomoment NOT having a wide angle (low number) in either for spot checking an object, or for modeling.

Palamides
08-17-2005, 02:44 AM
thanks a lot for the replies
Surrealist, I think your right about the camera lens, in modeller when I go really close to the model, thats when it gets distorted. For example, I was modelling a head and when I went really close to it in modeller the ears would disappear behind the head(as if they wrapped around behind the head almost), however in layout you could still see them and realise that they were actually sticking out. But when I zoom out in modeller the model looks like what it is in layout.
I didnt think about the camera lens, I immediately thought there was something wrong with my settings since Ive been messing around with them.
thanks for the clarification though!

Surrealist.
08-17-2005, 03:30 AM
Yea, I had figured this out the same way. Wondering what the deal was when my model looked so different in layout. Bring me my LW9 :lwicon: