PDA

View Full Version : Hooking up iVGA

tfrancis
08-15-2005, 07:53 PM
OK guys, how do you hook up another computer to use the iVGA function? I don't quite understand it from the online manual on NewTeks site. Do I use a VGA cable, or a 10 base T? I'm confused. Somebody please help.

deejay
08-15-2005, 08:02 PM
You don't use any vga cables ... basically you have to network the two machines together using whatever method (even wireless) then install the ivga client software on the machine that's networked to the VT machine run it and open the VT switcher ... click on the vga tab and you should see the source ... select it and then on one of the inputs on the switcher choose vga as an input ... (I'm saying this from memory). That should do it.

imagodei
08-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Slightly off topic, but I am looking for answer with iVGA... Where can I find the manual for 4.5? I looked and couldn't seem to find it on the website...

Lew
08-16-2005, 10:11 AM
OK, so I can't even find the iVGA. I don't have a file or folder with that name on my drive.
I have the 4.5 adendum, but I don't have what it refers me to. I'm going to feel stupid if it right there, but I sure can't find it.

imagodei
08-16-2005, 10:13 AM
Apparently the iVGA folder is missing from the 4.5 update. I actually found it on accident as I was searching the ftp site for the new manual...

Paul Lara
08-16-2005, 10:29 AM
Apparently the iVGA folder is missing from the 4.5 update.

Yes,
that will be updated today. For anyone who has downloaded needs to grab this file
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/VideoToaster/Downloads/iVGA_Client.zip

and unzip it to the VT[4] folder.

imagodei
08-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Hey Paul, what about an update manual... where might one find that? Or did it download with the update?

Paul Lara
08-16-2005, 10:33 AM
Hey Paul, what about an update manual?

\\VT[4]Documentation\VT-Docs\VT4 Version 45 Addendum.pdf