PDA

View Full Version : Realtime ChromaKey + Switch

Helder Conde
08-15-2005, 09:04 AM
Hi,

I donīt know if this is an obvious issue, but since I didnīt find any comments about it on the foruns... here it goes:

Letīs say I want to do a live 3-camera show, using chroma key for each cam. Each camera would have a different background, behind a presenter (being chroma-keyed).

Questions :question: :

1. Would Tricaster be able to do that?
2. Would VT be able to do that?

I know both products have chroma keying capabilities, but I donīt know about the realtime chroma + switching.

Iīd really appreciate if you guys could help me. After several months, it seems Iīm now actually going to buy one of them... And this particular chroma + switching thing might lead me to one or another. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Helder Conde

Paul Lara
08-16-2005, 09:08 AM
Neither TriCaster nor VT[4] offer the virtual set support you are asking for.

Helder Conde
08-16-2005, 11:20 AM
Hi Paul.

Thanks for your answer. Let me just make sure we're talking about the same thing here: I'm not reffering to "real" virtual sets (with camera movement, floor reflections, etc). All I want to do is to switch two cameras being chroma-keyed and two backgrounds at the same time.

Won't any of the products do that? I was told a couple of months ago that this was doable in VT4.

Sorry for insisting on this... I just want to make sure I'm not missing any point here.

Regards,

Helder Conde
Atitude Digital Media
BRAZIL