PDA

View Full Version : "Trackball" option...

ibanezhead
08-14-2005, 12:14 PM
Here is a feature I would like to see in LW9. In Modo you can turn off what is called "Trackball". This disables the LW/Modeler style viewport orbit and switches to a more Maya, Max, LW/Layout style orbit. I have to work with Max, Maya, and LW, and would love the option to make the spinning respond the same as Max and Maya. (I'm not just talking about mouse mapping, but the actual response the viewport makes to your mouse movements. In Modeler the viewport tilts and flips when rotating with the mouse, but not with the icon. For me, this is very frustrating. The icon responds better, but slows me down.)

Also it would be nice to be able to re-map the Mouse to whatever I want it to be...

Weepul
08-14-2005, 04:13 PM
In Modeler the viewport tilts and flips when rotating with the mouse, but not with the icon. For me, this is very frustrating. The icon responds better, but slows me down.)

Seconded! I like keeping my models right-way-up. As with the icon control, a modifier key could be used for banking.

Steve McRae
08-14-2005, 08:11 PM
i would like not only this, but also like the option to use Maya-like keyboard commands for navigation.

joeldberry
08-15-2005, 08:21 AM
I agree with this feature request.

Scott_Blinn
09-09-2005, 06:50 PM
I'm not a big Maya fan myself, but have to say- it has the best camera controls of any 3D app hands down. I would LOVE to see this stuff in LW. To be able to easily orbit around a current selection of stuff in LW would be so sweet.

:agree:

BazC
09-10-2005, 04:03 AM
I agree, the trackball style rotate drives me nuts! For a really nice camera control set try the Mirai mode of Silo (Silo and Wings both allow you to select camera controls that mimic several other apps - very nice!)

I middle click and release to tumble, no holding down of buttons to potentially induce RSI! middle button press and drag (or scroll) to zoom, right button press and drag to translate. It works beautifully!

You can download the demo if you want to try it, or Wings has a similar setup - Baz

Weetos
09-10-2005, 04:13 AM
Second that too ! this would help people coming from other apps, and those using LW with a tablet !

Having this as an option would be great (more options don't hurt :) )

:agree: