PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Canada having troubles downloading 4.5?

Bass
08-14-2005, 11:40 AM
The Newtek people are getting a well-deserved rest (at least I hope they are!), so I'll ask here....,

After I log in and choose my LW option, I get the "Wait a moment while we start your download. If it doesn't start in 20 seconds, press F5 to re-load this page" message.

However, I've been doing that since the release, but nada. After a while, I get:

"Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Input string was not in a correct format. "

T
he only input string I'm sending is a click for option #1.

Anyone else getting this? Is there a weekend fix?

Thanks

Bass

EanJay
08-14-2005, 12:44 PM
No problem with downloading here (Canada). Worked perfectly twice - the second time after I realised I had grabbed the wrong version the first time.

EanJay

After I log in and choose my LW option, I get the "Wait a moment while we start your download. If it doesn't start in 20 seconds, press F5 to re-load this page" message.

However, I've been doing that since the release, but nada. After a while, I get:

Bass
08-14-2005, 01:34 PM
Hmmm. Must be at my end. I turned off the pop-up blocker, firewall, etc.

Anything else I might have missed that would cause this?

Thanks

Bass.

EanJay
08-14-2005, 01:44 PM
Hard to say, but I do have problems with some sites if I have Javascript turned off and that included Newtek! As I said, no problem with the download here so the problem is probably in your browser. Thought I saw something about I.E., but I'm not really sure about that. I prefer Firefox on both PC and Mac. Good luck!

EanJay

Bass
08-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Just installed FreFox, and VT4.5 is downloading nicely. Interesting!

Thanks Eanjay.

Bass

Jim Capillo
08-14-2005, 04:20 PM
I was having problems with Verizon DSL here in MA. Where are you?

Jim Capillo
08-14-2005, 04:22 PM
Oops, nevermind...... just saw you're in Canada. Guess that's not the problem. :eek: