PDA

View Full Version : Motion Mixer messing with my wings...

Kevin Kirk
08-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Hi, Noob question please!

I'm trying the motion mixer for the first time, and have two motions. One for flapping wings (it's a hummingbird thing) and one that flies the whole body.

Trouble is, when they work together, the flapping wings are really off. One wing flaps, the body is distorted, and I can't figure it out. They work great seperately, so I am confused. I thought you could combine motions in motion mixer, so what am I doing wrong?

I know it's a beginner question, but others might wonder too. Anyway, thanks for any help! :D

-Kevin

Dodgy
08-14-2005, 10:54 AM
You can turn off individual channels in the motion for either(using the channel editor in motion mixer), so you might have to turn off the channels for the wings in the body motion, and vice versa. This will mean each has their own set of motions affecting just the parts you want them to affect.

Or you can use the Offset editor (in motion mixer) to change the flap to Relative (so the flap motion is added to the body motion) or using the 'custom' settings, ABSolute for your individual items which are in the wings (using the 'custom' settings) only, which will override the body's wing channels.

Kevin Kirk
08-14-2005, 09:17 PM
Thank you, Dodgy! I appreciate the help.

I'm working on it now. Tricky stuff, that Motion Mixer! :D

Nitisara
08-17-2005, 03:46 AM
Be sure that your bones for left and right wings have unique names.
Motion mixer messes animation if bones have the same names.