PDA

View Full Version : OGO Hikari and SSS

BazC
08-13-2005, 02:37 AM
I read somewhere that Ogo Hikari might be ported to Mac, does anyone know if that is still a possibility? We have Chanlum now which is cool but that is the only option I know of for SSS on Mac.

Lightwave must be the only major app that doesn't have SSS built in (though from what I've heard Cinemas built in SSS is fairly poor, at least they have VReel skin and Translucent pro!) I would guess Newtek are working hard on a decent SSS implementation, any rumours on that front?

Cheers - Baz

pooby
08-13-2005, 04:19 AM
I wouldn't recommend OGO Hikari. it's not that it won't work, it's just that it's Sooo slow.. Not, quite slow. Really slow. and there is no interaction, and so many parameters. You will be there till christmas coming up with something useable.
Someone warned me about this, but I thought 'oh it can't be that bad,' and bought it anyway. I haven't used it since my first intensive burst of enthusiasm.

G2 and Fprime is the best solution. Its SSS is very good since the two were hooked up.

BazC
08-13-2005, 04:34 AM
Thanks Pooby! Yeah the G2 SSS is looking very good from what I've seen, it's a fairly expensive solution though! I come to Lightwave from Cinema which has the fantastic VReel skin plug for just 50 euros! Pity there isn't a Lightwave equivalent! :(

Ryhnio
08-13-2005, 11:50 AM
I just purchased G2 to go with FPrime and all I have to say is that i'm living large.

(still waiting for FPrime support with Sasquatch- Perhaps in 8.5 or 9?)

-ryhnio