PDA

View Full Version : Hack for Mirage instead of Aura in VT[4] 4.5?

ScorpioProd
08-12-2005, 07:57 PM
Is there an easy hack to get the main menu in the VT suite to call Mirage instead of Aura?

I thought there used to be one for VT[4], anyone remember what it was?

tmon
08-12-2005, 08:03 PM
I wonder if this is related to Mirage 1.5 not seeming to "see" VT[4.5]-i.e. in the Video grabber....when you ran the "3rd Party Application Driver," did you see Mirage?

Jim_C
08-12-2005, 08:12 PM
Brad put this together.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=11950&highlight=skin+menu+mirage

tmon
08-12-2005, 09:21 PM
Duh, I totally misread Eugene's query. I was wondering where my Mirage switcher option went to a bit earlier and still had that on my mind... that's anothr really cool thing that Brad did for us.

Ivan
08-13-2005, 12:38 AM
Not sure why you would want to do that. If you load Aura or Mirage from the VT menu and either Aura, Mirage or VT crashes, you will lose the other. On the other hand if you load Aura or Mirage from the Start menu and you have VT running if one of them crashes the other is unaffected.

Ivan

Whelkn
08-13-2005, 01:35 AM
Well mirage isnt part of the VT suite so it wouldnt matter---it would be like Lightwave--its just a short cut--not intergrated like Aura is.

Jeremy

ScorpioProd
08-13-2005, 01:57 AM
Ivan, it's only a short cut, there's no link between them that VT crashing would make Mirage crash, or vice versa. Besides, nothing crashes anymore. ;)

It's the same way that the DVD Workshop 2 connection works or LW really.

It's simply the fact that I see no reason to use Aura anymore now that I have Mirage installed.

Jeremy, Aura being "integrated" as stated by Ivan isn't necessarily a good thing. But again, a short cut is all I'm looking for. If I want to touch up a picture or something, why would I want to leave the VT suite? And in the same way if short cuts aren't a good reason, the DVD Workshop 2 link and the LW link shouldn't be there.

More importantly, Mirage IS as "integrated" as Aura when it comes to actually working WITH the VT. That's a very good reason to be able to launch it from inside the VT suite. For instance, tonight I had Mirage as a source on my switcher and as a DSK source. I also had a switcher source feed Mirage. Very integrated activities.

Ivan
08-13-2005, 09:18 AM
Things must have changed. I seem to remember LW disappearing when VT crashed and never did that again. I did load DVDWS from the menu and crashed VT and DVDWS stayed up. I guess I should check to see if things get fixed once in a while.

Ivan