PDA

View Full Version : Important question

rapturex
04-30-2003, 10:15 AM
Hello! , ive been browsing here for a long time and i find this site to be excellent! thankyou for all your help . . .I have a question about my toaster. . .

we use it for video editing and switching for weddings , and we use it for photo Montage's of the bride and groom before there wedding. now onto the question , what should I be using to scan the pictures? Because I am having problems with pictures being cut off , not all of them . . .just some. . .what is the optimal resolation or dpi that they should be scanned at to work with the toaster ? any tips ?

Ive been trying to search for this info but haven't had any luck . . .I really appreciate any help!

thanks,

Nick -

Dan Hong
04-30-2003, 10:44 AM
You should probably post this in the Video Toaster forum but I'll give it a go.

The VT is happy to accept any file size that you have. The trick to getting it to size correctly is to use the edit properties panel in TEdit (hit F8 or hit the blue "e" button at the bottom of the page).
Once the edit properties panel is up, use the drop down at the top to switch to the Positioner panel. If the bypass button is checked, the picture will be automatically streched to fit the screen. This works well if the picture is the same aspect ratio as a tv screen (a little wider than it is tall). If you have a tall picture, turn off the bypass and manually adjust the size by dragging the corners of the picture or typing in larger numbers in the fields to the left.

Remember you can keyframe all of these attributes so you can zoom in or out, or pan across a picture.

The screen size is 720 by 486 pixels (NTSC). You can use 72 dpi scanning. I like to have the picture at about 1024 by 768 at 150 dpi, so that I have room to zoom in without getting blurry.

rapturex
04-30-2003, 11:16 AM
awsome info! thanks for the reply. . . . see the problem i have been having is not with the pictures actually getting blurry , they are just being cut off . . . and i try to resize them in photoshop , and it never quite fits right. . . . but i am going to try what you said and hopefully this will correct it ! and wont be as much as a hassle as going into photoshop to resize . . .VERY time consuming. . .

thanks!

Nick -

ps - anyone else have any suggestions?