PDA

View Full Version : trying to upgrade that stupid dongle

Verlon
08-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Of COURSE it arrives after 7:00 pm on a Friday. It would be nice if there were a way to set up a new hardware lock after hours since there is no customer service at this time.

Now its ANOTHER weekend and no lightwave. grrrrr :thumbsdow

gjjackson
08-12-2005, 07:04 PM
If you need drivers you can go to sentinel's website and get them there. If it's registration Newtek has automated that on their website.

Verlon
08-12-2005, 07:06 PM
yes, but I already HAVE a serial number attached to an old parallel lock that I had to send in to get the new USB one. I can't delete the old lock.

gjjackson
08-12-2005, 07:23 PM
The new one replaces what is in the license.key file. You should be able to just add it there, if I understand your problem.

Verlon
08-12-2005, 07:30 PM
no, the new number is a new hardware lock ID. ITs like when you first register Liightwave and you enter your serial number and dongle ID, then they give you a license.key number. Only there alreay is a hardware lock ID for my serial number. It is the one for the old parallel dongle that I sent in.

I cann't delete that one to enter a new one. I am not even getting the 14 day trial either.

Verlon

Bog
08-14-2005, 10:18 AM
As much as I dislike the Brute Force and Ignorance approach to these things, if you uninstall and reinstall LightWave, that'll reset your 14-day timer.

Ugly, but it'd let you get something done.

Qexit
08-15-2005, 06:39 AM
yes, but I already HAVE a serial number attached to an old parallel lock that I had to send in to get the new USB one. I can't delete the old lock.Hm, I'm a little puzzled by this one. Surely all you need to do to get your 14 Day key in place is to locate your original license.key file in your LW folders. Make a backup copy of it, then delete the original file and restart LW with your new dongle in place. LW should generate a new temporary license.key file that will be good for 14 days full use of LW while your new full key file is sent out. No need for a full LW re-install just to recreate the initial license.key file. That was the process I went through when I switched dongles from parallel to USB, admittedly a couple of years ago.

Hope you are now sorted out through Newtek though.