PDA

View Full Version : 4.5 Issue: Problem Opening Toolshed

tmon
08-12-2005, 04:36 PM
First off, thanks to the crew for providing us the 4.5 upgrade. I expect the wait to have been worth it.

Install on one of three workstations went fine overall. I had to reboot twice before the frightening "No Video Signal Present" went away.

Just starting to try 4.5 out to see "what's under the hood."

Right now, I cannot open the Tool Shed.

Anyone else having this problem?

Paul Lara
08-12-2005, 06:06 PM
I just opened tool shed and even ran a few operations, Taiji.

tmon
08-12-2005, 06:24 PM
Niether F9 nor the right click pull down menu is working. I also checked to make sure that it wasn't opeing up hidden behind another window.

I've rebooted twice as well.

?

cholo
08-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Weird, nothing like that happening here. I had my first crash already, but nothing like that. It just started corrupting the video display and it looked like video with no sync signal and it crashed. Nothing too bad ;)

deejay
08-12-2005, 07:16 PM
The only thing I've noticed is when I auto-config the dos screen reports unable to sync video ... not sure what that means as my projects load ok and the output looks good.
We're having major thunder storms right now so I had to shut my machine down ... bummer :(

tmon
08-12-2005, 07:47 PM
Excuse me, my bad, all.

I haven't been using VT[4], only VT[3] up until now, so I didn't see the TOOL SHED BUTTON ON THE VT-Edit SKIN just to the right of the "Edit Properties" button.

However, I CAN report that F9 key and the right click pull down menu do indeed fail to open up Tool Shed for me.

Thankfully, this is a very minor thing. Everything else is looking pretty darned good so far.....

Paul Lara
08-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Everything else is looking pretty darned good so far.....

Glad to hear it, Taiji!

Please send me an e-mail ([email protected]) on your hotkey woes and what is happening, so I can pass this along to Engineering.

JReble
08-15-2005, 07:17 AM
Taiji,

Please report back about the "No Video Signal Present" indicator you were getting at first. After you've been running a while, please let us know if you're getting it anymore.

I updated our VT3 card running VT4 SP1 last Friday and got the same indicator when it first fired up. Different from SP1, the indicator didn't include the "potential driver lockup" part. Upon first booting up Monday, we got the indicator again and the program video on the vt vision monitor was dead as a result. We exited, shut down winrtme and restarted and so far so good. We also setup our switcher and preferences now after the update.

We have no bob on this unit, and I noticed that at first c, cmp, and y/c, were all in the switcher. c (composite) was in the first slot and was punched up by default when the software opened, at least until we set up our switcher. Since we only use Y/C in and out on this unit, I'm wondering if the fact that the switcher was coming up on the composite input by default might have created this indicator since there was no signal there. Can anyone confirm if this should happen in that event? I'll be a little paranoid until we establish that the no video signal thing is no longer a persistent problem.

tmon
08-16-2005, 11:31 AM
JReble,

After two reboots, the dreaded "No Video Signal Present" warning went away and I have not seen it since.

I do not know why it appeared in the first place, nor do I know why it went away after two hard reboots.

Good luck.