PDA

View Full Version : LW [9] upg + Vue 5 deal... when does it end?

DiscoBurgess
08-12-2005, 01:18 AM
I could preorder [9] now, but I'd sooner wait a couple of months to put the money aside. Has anyone heard anything about this deal being wrapped up any time soon? I'd really hate to miss out on the chance to get Vue 5, it looks pretty nice, and I know the Vue+8.x->9 deal isn't going to last much longer. Was just wondering if the same was true of the 9 preorder.

Red_Oddity
08-12-2005, 02:19 AM
Hmmm, judging by previous actions, i don't really think this will expire anytime soon (judging by how Newtek Europe still has the LW + Image Modeler deal aswell)...
Atleast i hope this won't expire anytime soon, as i'm really tempted to buy another license (even if it is only for the Vue and LW9 deal).

colkai
08-12-2005, 02:39 AM
:newtek: I read on the LWG board that it expires at the end of this month (Aug. 31st).

Of course, my order is already in. :)

mrunion
08-12-2005, 07:00 AM
I emailed NewTek with this question when I read the LW 9 announcement. NewTek said the deal would last until LW 9 ships. As to whether or not that has changed, I can't say. I AM NOT SAYING NEWTEK WILL NOT CHANGE THIS!

Here is a copy of the note:

@8/1 4:37 PM

Hello Matt,

The special with Vue 5 will be available until version 9.0 ships. :-)

Thank you,

Irene

At 11:37 AM 8/1/2005, you wrote:

As an existing user of LW 8.5, I am interested in the LW 9.0 and Vue 5
Upgrade offer for $395. The question I have is how long this offer lasts.
With LW 9 due out tentatively in the 4th quarter, is this upgrade offer limited
to days, weeks or indefinitely? Thanks in advance for your assistance and
help in this matter.

Take care.

Thanx,
Matt

mattclary
08-12-2005, 07:37 AM
I AM NOT SAYING NEWTEK WILL NOT CHANGE THIS!

Sorry, dude! You are officialy on the record now! We are going to hold you personally responsible if it ends early! :deal:

mrunion
08-12-2005, 08:07 AM
Sorry, dude! You are officialy on the record now! We are going to hold you personally responsible if it ends early! :deal:

Oh crap! Now people might :2guns: me 8/ !

Radamanthys
08-12-2005, 08:11 AM
I emailed NewTek with this question when I read the LW 9 announcement. NewTek said the deal would last until LW 9 ships. As to whether or not that has changed, I can't say. I AM NOT SAYING NEWTEK WILL NOT CHANGE THIS!

Here is a copy of the note:

@8/1 4:37 PM

Hello Matt,

The special with Vue 5 will be available until version 9.0 ships. :-)

Thank you,

Irene

At 11:37 AM 8/1/2005, you wrote:

As an existing user of LW 8.5, I am interested in the LW 9.0 and Vue 5
Upgrade offer for $395. The question I have is how long this offer lasts.
With LW 9 due out tentatively in the 4th quarter, is this upgrade offer limited
to days, weeks or indefinitely? Thanks in advance for your assistance and
help in this matter.

Take care.

Thanx,
Matt

LW 8.5 :eek:
where did you get it ?

mrunion
08-12-2005, 08:20 AM
Nice catch! I missed that one!

Typo I assure you! In all the hubub of new releases, I made a Freudian slip.

I am none-the-wiser on any information on 8.5 beyond what can be found here. I only know NewTek is supposed to release 8,5 in the 3rd quarter, and 9.0 is planned for the 4th quarter.

I am EAGER for 8.5, but don't have it.

mrunion
08-12-2005, 08:32 AM
OK guys, I think I'd:

REALLY DISREGARD

that email I posted. On THIS PAGE (http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/partners/e-on/), it says the offer ENDS SOON!

I'd disregard my errant ramblings!! I'm just messed up in the head! :screwy:

DiscoBurgess
08-12-2005, 10:46 AM
Not so fast! :D

That page is the one I was initially referring to. It says the LW [8] + Vue 5 offer is ending soon, but what about the LW 9 upg + Vue 5 offer? Would that be the same thing?

I should probably just go ahead and order it before August ends, I suppose. I'd just sooner save the money then spend it, rather than vice versa.

inquisitive
08-12-2005, 11:38 AM
well it would make no sense to upgrade to LW9, not receive it right away, pay in advance and not get Vue 5 Infinite either.

Why would one pay now then? i think that offer will last just like the dfx+ one did.

I want to upgrade and do want Vue 5 Infinite but 3 week notice before 'offer' ends is too short of notice, not enough time to allocate funds for upgrade.

ireneking
08-15-2005, 09:58 AM
Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that Matt's post is correct. The LightWave/Vue 5 Infinite bundle with either LightWave [8] or LightWave 9 pre-purchases will be available until LightWave 9 ships.

:-)

Thank you,

Irene

DiscoBurgess
08-15-2005, 10:00 AM
That's great news, thanks for letting us know, Irene. I presume it's the same situation for Newtek Europe, right?

Just checking, I really don't want to miss that offer. :D

BazC
08-15-2005, 10:26 AM
That's great news, thanks for letting us know, Irene. I presume it's the same situation for Newtek Europe, right?

Just checking, I really don't want to miss that offer. :D

Yeah confirmation that the offer will continue in Europe would be nice! - Baz

c0deb0y
08-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that Matt's post is correct. The LightWave/Vue 5 Infinite bundle with either LightWave [8] or LightWave 9 pre-purchases will be available until LightWave 9 ships.

:-)

Thank you,

Irene

Sorry, I've been away awhile so I may have missed it, but did anything ever get resolved about a deal on Vue Infinite 5 for people who already had upgraded to LW 8? I know, different thread, but similar topic.

ireneking
08-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Of course, if you already own LightWave [8], then you may purchase the pre 9 LightWave Upgrade for $395 and receive Vue 5 for free. :-)

You may call in to purchase at 800-862-7837, purchase it on-line at http://www.newtek.com/buynow/index.php or purchase it through any authorized reseller at http://www.newtek.com/dealers/us.php.

Thank you,

Irene

P.S. I believe this is the same for NewTek Europe, but will confirm this tomorrow.

archiea
08-16-2005, 05:32 PM
P.S. I believe this is the same for NewTek Europe, but will confirm this tomorrow.

...but isn't it already tomorrow in europe? :D

krimpr
08-16-2005, 05:36 PM
Alrighty then; how about those who were shortsighted enough to buy VueI before the Newtek bundle, have LW8.3, and want LW9? Anything in your goodybag for us? Mega DVD training pack, Evel Kneivel poster, buy one get one free at Ronald McDees? I was waiting for the bundle offer to end to see the next combo but it looks like there might not be one...

ireneking
08-16-2005, 08:21 PM
archiea - It certainly is! ;-)

krimpr - Could you please email me your serial number? I will look into this. :-)

Thank you,

Irene

[email protected]

paulhart
08-16-2005, 11:00 PM
Irene, Hello...
I had already posted here and on other forums about the same situation. I own Lightwave 8.3 (8.5???soon??) and am interested in the upgrade to 9.0 when it gets closer to release, but I already own Vue Infinite. I think it is an excellent tool and complements Lightwave very well in the areas needed, however, I do not need another copy, nor am I interested in the "sell-this-software" even if it is possible.... so.... how about a deal. I have been monitoring the forums and am eagerly awaiting the announced Vue Fusion tool to work with Lightwave. It has already been announced for Max, C4D, etc. I also think that some of the pre-built plant variations that they sell extra (cheap move in my opinion, the plant modeler should let user build what ever, not just modify their pre-built and have to buy.... an Orange Tree, with oranges??!!) ..... I would welcome the Fusion tool and some plants that was equivalent to the upgrade deal but since I don't know the dollars involved for these, I do not know what the bargain trade would be... Please consider my already made commitment to the vision that you are now promoting... Thank you for the consideration.
Paul

ireneking
08-17-2005, 10:24 AM
Yes, the special is good until 9 is released in Europe too! :)

Irene

P.S. I received your email Paul and will reply this afternoon.

BazC
08-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Yes, the special is good until 9 is released in Europe too! :)

Irene

P.S. I received your email Paul and will reply this afternoon.

Excellent! Thanks a lot Irene!

mokba
09-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Any additional news on possible software combinations with the LW9 upgrade besides VueI? thanks, mokba

Kurtis
09-01-2005, 10:39 AM
The LightWave/Vue 5 bundle is the only one planned between now and the release of LightWave 9. As Chuck mentioned in another thread, at the new pricing we expect that we will be unlikely to offer value-add bundles with the same frequency in the future.

mokba
09-01-2005, 03:46 PM
Kurtis, thanks for the reply. I'm going to go order my upgrade right now! mokba