PDA

View Full Version : 1st ATTEMPT AT LIGHTWAVE-ANIMANIUM TUTORIAL

Cobalt
08-11-2005, 07:56 PM
http://www.burgesscreative.com/tutorial_01.htm

The link above leads to my first ever tutorial for the Lightwave Community. The end result was unsuccessful, but I believe the experience that I share may be helpful to those considering using Animanium in the Lightwave production pipeline.

I hope to have additional Lightwave - Animanium tutorials published as I become more familar with this new SEGA tool set.

Enjoy!

Silkrooster
08-11-2005, 09:40 PM
I am glad to see others try and teach. As you're finding out teaching can also be a learning experience. This tutorial reads kind of like a journal.
Maybe try a smaller project and use that as a steping stone towards larger projects in the future. This allows you the practice of making tutorials at the same time learning the features of the program(s). Try doing some dry runs before doing the tutorials, then you know what to expect at each step.

What ever you do don't give up. The more you work at it the easier it will get.
Good luck, and I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your tutorials.
Silk

Darksuit
08-11-2005, 09:55 PM
One thing that I learned when writing my own tutorials for Gmax, was that people have a harder time with long or lengthy tutorials. Its good to break it up in to smaller chunks. Take a look at some of the professionally written tutorials out there.

You might want to break it down by mesh creation, Skelegon creation and rigging... and so forth

and Remember KISS (Keep It Simple for the S... add in your own S)