PDA

View Full Version : Newtek-Europe

Bigboy
08-11-2005, 11:48 AM
Why oh why oh WHY! Does newtek-europe not have a proper "online" shop?

You click on the online bit, and get a page saying "we'll call you back"!!

WTF!! Thats NOT online!!!! Its also a FAT lot of use to people that get home after the lines are closed... bloody useless...

People in the U.S. can "buy online"... but we're stuck with some stupid callback system. Come on...The Internet's been around a while now... why haven't they gotten their site upgraded.

They really do go out of their way to make it hard to upgrade...here's me wanting to give them money...but OH NO!! :(

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

T-Light
08-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Try here instead :)
http://www.onevideo.co.uk/

Edit: Or more to the point
http://www.onevideo.co.uk/3d-animation-c-26.html?page=2

mattclary
08-11-2005, 12:53 PM
I keep telling you guys you need to have a revolution, but NOOOOOOOOBODY wants to listen!!!! ;)

Bigboy
08-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Thanks for that.... they seem £10 cheap than other places as well. :)

Still....newtek could get more cash from us if they allowed us to buy direct!

:mad:

Paul_Boland
08-11-2005, 01:26 PM
I bought Lightwave 8 (my very first steps into Lightwave) direct from Newtek Europe. Just drop them an email and a customer rep will get back to you with all the details. Sure, an online store would be nice, but if you want to buy direct from Newtek, that's the way to go.

Liberator
08-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Try here instead :)
http://www.onevideo.co.uk/

Edit: Or more to the point
http://www.onevideo.co.uk/3d-animation-c-26.html?page=2

I'll second that. I've been buying from them since LW6 and they've always been fast and friendly.

I ordered the v9/Vue upgrade from them on Monday and have been playing with Vue today! :D

habañero
08-11-2005, 04:54 PM
I second this notion, the online experience at Newtek Europe is confusing and can lead to ... swearing ! :D

Matt
08-12-2005, 05:27 AM
Last upgrade I bought was from OneVideo too, they really are the best in the UK!

Martin Adams
08-12-2005, 05:33 AM
I originally brought LW7.5 from Jisaw 24 (www.jigsaw24.com) and when the upgrade came around for LW8 and DFX+, I asked Jigsaw if they were doing it but they weren't the quickest in getting the offer to the public.

However, Onevideo offered it and I upgraded through them.

Both companies I would highly recommend if they offer the product in the first place.

Dodgy
08-12-2005, 05:38 AM
One video all the way :) Really good service and quick delivery :)

Bytehawk
08-12-2005, 05:38 AM
onevideo is cool.

this time i ordered straight from newtek-europe. They called me to take the order, wich was very generous of them. I got the package today (2 days after ordering).

the transaction was smooth and the lady on the phone was super helpfull. She even mailed me when the package was sent.

starbase1
08-12-2005, 05:41 AM
:agree:
Yep, me too.

Indeed it was Newtek Europe who sent me there! I'm really not sure what those NE guys are actually FOR...
:question:

(And when I moved up to v8, I got the wrong key from them - not only did it not work, it knocked out my 'use it for a couple of weeks while we register you' option, so they stopped me using it altogether.)

:bangwall:

badllarma
08-12-2005, 09:46 AM
That's unsual for them starbase I've delt with NE a few times and in every time they came up with the goods in very short time space and none have been regular stuff E.G

Transfer of US Registered Mac Lightwave 6.0 to European Registered 7.0 Windows included dongle swap which was done within a 48 hr period by courier.

Transfer of US registered VT 2 with NTSE discs for Windows 2000 to Registered in Europe with VT2 PAL discs and update to run on Windows XP

As for Onevideo I used them for my 8.0 upgrade and now for my 9.0 upgrade and they are very good 2 days from order to arrival of Vue for instance. :thumbsup:

Bog
08-12-2005, 11:12 AM
I've had nothing but good experiences with NTE. Really nice folks, and when my venerable old v5.0-vintage Parallel dongle died they rushed my a shiny new USB one licketty-split. That's just one off-the-top-of-my-head incidence of them being Really Cool.

I've been buying my upgrades from DVC in Hove (must get around to installing DFX+ at some point...), rather than direct, but for keeping me in business once I'd got my Thang On with LightWave, they've been great.

CB_3D
08-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Nothing but good experience with NTE for me.

-NG-
08-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Tha't how europe works. :p europe sucks.....man i want to move to a other country.

bobakabob
08-13-2005, 02:41 PM
NE and OneVideo have been unfailingly helpful over the years :thumbsup:

Bigboy
08-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Dont get me wrong. Im not saying they're useless, I've had good dealing with newtek Europe too. Its just that thier online system sucks. :)

Bog
08-13-2005, 04:23 PM
They give great phone, though.

Oh, hi Ben!

*sprints for cover*

08-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Well what can i say :)

Thanks to all you guys out there that took the time to give the positive feedback about the team at Onevideo.

It has not gone unnoticed, We take pride in giving a helpful fast but most of all friendly and honest service, When we get this kind of feedback it makes us realise we must be getting it right.

Now that our new website is up and running, we hope the level of service will get better and better for of you out there.

As always we are here to help

[email protected]

colkai
08-18-2005, 12:38 PM
Well count me in with another "thumbs up".
Last week, i was told my order was "pending" as OneVideo were waitning on Newtek Europe, gave me a guess-timate of send out on Wed.17th to arrive 18th.
Guess what?
It's the 18th, my new USB dongle and LW9/Vue5I upgrade arrived as promised.
Well done guys and gals (big thanks especially to Joanne at OV!)

Liberator
08-21-2005, 01:11 AM
Guess what?
It's the 18th, my new USB dongle and LW9/Vue5I upgrade arrived as promised.
Well done guys and gals (big thanks especially to Joanne at OV!)

Hold on, are you saying you now have LW9? Or (like me) just the Vue 5 part of the upgrade? :stumped:

Bigboy
08-21-2005, 01:54 PM
No, its a LW9 serial number and a copy of Vue5...which I hope he manages to register, coz Im still waiting on them getting back to me. Two days my Ant. Fanny!

Anyone else registering Vue5, take care during the registration process. It sucks.

Liberator
08-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Anyone else registering Vue5, take care during the registration process. It sucks.

Strange, worked fine for me. What's been the problem?

GCL
08-21-2005, 02:57 PM

See this link for a pictorial description of process...

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=39785

Registration went smooothly.

adrian
08-22-2005, 12:53 AM
Tha't how europe works. :p europe sucks.....man i want to move to a other country.

Actually I would say that the UK sucks. At everything. It's the a**e end, and rip-off country of the world. I LOVE Europe!!! Wish I lived there :-)

Like some others here, I've had nothing but good experiences with Newtek-Europe too. Having said that, when I first came across their "online shop" I too was a little put out... but they did call me back pretty quickly.

I do agree though that they should implement a proper shop....

Adrian.

Bigboy
08-22-2005, 01:39 AM
See this link for a pictorial description of process...

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=39785

Registration went smooothly.
Well, I recieved a serial number in the form of "VUE5INF-?????-blah", from them, but when I put it in, it says its a bad serial number and asks for another.

Im still waiting for an answer....

JohnMarchant
08-22-2005, 03:31 AM
Well i must admit much as OneVideo were great when i got LW v 8 but it is annoying not to be able to buy even a t-shirt from Newtek without going through the phone up process all that for a t-shirt :thumbsdow .

I must say though having lived in europe and having a French partner i can tell you that its not any better there than the UK. They have the same problems and i some cases alot worse. Even Isabelle (my Partner) is coming to the Uk, business is alot easier and more bouyant than the rest of Europe, although there are some things that are better on the mainland.

Regards, John

Padge
08-22-2005, 12:18 PM
Does anybody know why upgrade 9 costs £40.00 more in Europe than America
exc. V.A.T- 395 Euro to $395 it's about 1.47 Euro /$1.79 to the £

Regards Ian

Karmacop
08-22-2005, 09:14 PM
For freight, advertising, and to keep Newtek Europe running?

adrian
08-23-2005, 12:25 AM
Like I said, the UK is the rip-off country of the world. What you will generally find is that whatever the American price is, they will just stick a pound sign in front of it (ie $15.95 in the USA will cost £15.95 in the UK).

Great isn't it?

Adrian.

starbase1
08-23-2005, 12:32 AM
Currencies change, (quite a lot recently with dollar to pound), and newtek are not in the curency speculation business... As they can't vary the price with the shifts in the rate every few days, at least some of that is perfectly reasonable room for manouvre.

The sad part is that this is a LOT closer to the exchnage rate han most - dollars for pounds is still depressingly common! :thumbsdow

Lightwolf
08-23-2005, 02:26 AM
For freight, advertising, and to keep Newtek Europe running?
Devils advocate here:
Why freight if they have a different packaging and manual in Europe anyhow. I assume they even do the duplication and printing in Europe...
Postage across Europe isn't the issue either, after all, the U.S. are quite large as well.
Also, the prices in the U.S. have to pay for advertising and to keep NT running as well...

Cheers,
Mike

colkai
08-23-2005, 03:34 AM
The sad part is that this is a LOT closer to the exchnage rate han most - dollars for pounds is still depressingly common!
Ain't it the truth. :(
Thankfully Newtek at least have common rate across Europe rather than some other places I've dealt with who frankly, extract the Mike when it comes to charges.
There are even places that charge dollar -to- pound for electronic downloads from the USA if you happen to be in the UK. Yikes!

Karmacop
08-23-2005, 03:56 AM
Devils advocate here:
Why freight if they have a different packaging and manual in Europe anyhow. I assume they even do the duplication and printing in Europe...
Postage across Europe isn't the issue either, after all, the U.S. are quite large as well.
Also, the prices in the U.S. have to pay for advertising and to keep NT running as well...

Cheers,
Mike

Ok, maybe Europe doesn't get things freighted out, but I think in Australia we do. But Newtek Europe do have to pay for their own building, employees etc.

Lightwolf
08-23-2005, 04:06 AM
But Newtek Europe do have to pay for their own building, employees etc.
So does NT in the US, or any distributor... That is no "excuse" for different pricing, after all, NT-E in turn doesn't have to pay for the employees in the US, except may be for parts of management and the dev team of course.

Cheers,
Mike

Karmacop
08-23-2005, 05:44 AM
I'm fairly sure Newtek Europe is just a reseller like everyone else, the only difference is they are allowed to use the Newtek name and supply support across Europe. Because of this they mark up the product like any other reseller.